Glo Brite NORS Lenses, What do they fit? years? PART II

FireballV8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1969 or 1970 Chevrolet Impala and 1949 or 1950 Ford. </div></div>

Both the 1969 and 1970 Impala had rectangular tailights. They were horizontally mounted in '69, vertically in '70.

I believe this is a 1968 Chevy Biscayne lens. The Impala lens had a chrome ring inside it, and I beleive the Bel Air did as well.

chevrolet-1968-biscayne.jpg

Hi

Thanks for all the help, I know what all of them are except for the amber ones now. These all have the years on them and the Glo-Brite Part number. The amber ones are all listed as 1966 the numbers are:

large round one: TMC 1021

Small round one: TMC 808

Two rectangular ones: TMC 6318

Any ideas guys?

Thanks Again

Steve

post-30926-143138050817_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most taillight lenses have a two number year embossed somewhere. I gather these don't? </div></div>

OEM lenses will have the year cast into them as "<span style="font-style: italic">SAE</span> XX", with XX the 2 digit year of <span style="font-style: italic">first</span> approval/use. Aftermarket lenses often don't have any recognizable numbers.

Hi Dave

These actually do have the numbers as 66 68 69 and so on, Glo Brite was probably one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers, I have a set of their lenses on my 56 Olds and they are identical to the OEM ones, but they say Glo-Brite as opposed to Guide.

Thanks for all the help.

Steve