GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest Rp1967

Fine by me, it's out of a Floyd Clymer scrapbook.

Quote"Cool! Mind if I post this pic to Buick Trucks? Hope not, cause I did. "

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Mr. Earl. It is quite rare, in fact there is not another known to exist. The body number is 8, and the chassis number is a bit over halfway through the run for '41s in Canada, so if one extrapolates that, there were 15 or so made. We do not know if this is accurate, as GM of Canada discarded all of their old records many years ago.

I was President of the McLaughlin Buick Club of Canada for 10 years, and none of the long time members had ever seen another either.

All that said, it is virtually identical to the US model, 76S, though there are a couple of minor trim differences on Canadian cars, but in Canada they are known by the Fisher body number, 4727.

Also, it is of course not overly valuable, as there aren't a bunch of folks out there trying to buy one.

It is a nice car, and I love to drive it! It looks nice, but its' no 400 pointer.

Keith

• Like 4

This very lovely young lady was at an event where I was and wanted her picture taken with my car, a 1941 McLaughlin Buick Roadmaster Coupe, and I let her sit in it for a couple of other photos.

Keith

post-119367-0-76457000-1433813667.jpg

"Some guys have all the luck."

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

1968 Chicago Auto Show.16655835674_fc49e43989_b.jpg

I am not surprised that there was enough material left over to make a dress,  just that someone would wear it, even in 1968.

The car is interesting from a different aspect though.  Everything being painted white, including the brake pedal arms and the A/C duct that runs under the dash.

• Like 1

I am not surprised that there was enough material left over to make a dress,  just that someone would wear it, even in 1968.

The car is interesting from a different aspect though.  Everything being painted white, including the brake pedal arms and the A/C duct that runs under the dash.

Reminiscent of those Peter Max posters from the 1960s

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is certainly rare for me to have an opportunity to post in this discussion. I loaned my 1937 Century to a fellow AACA Chapter member for a Gatsby themed party. She owns a 1968 Buick but drove her husband to the event in my 1937 Century since it was more appropriate for this event.

post-90592-0-50987200-1445135614_thumb.j

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious about this picture of the '38.  The quality of the photo looks really good for 1938 film.  Can anyone identify the plaque above the from license plate?  I'm wondering if this is not a staged picture taken recently.  Even if it is, it's worth a second (or third) look.

Ed

Pretty sure that the initial discussion when this picture first surfaced in the GOB thread was that it was staged. Would need to go WAAAAY back to dig it up (which wouldn't be a bad trip) as it was one of the first I ever posted. I am thinking the plaque is thisV

BTW my fave is the sweetie on the right front fender, but wouldn't kick any of them off my Buick....

s-l1600.jpg