GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

• 3 weeks later...
O.K. MR. Earl, I guess we will have to wait....................

Some time ago there was a mention of a "Tango Dress".

Is this what we're waiting for ??????

Dang, Mr. Earl.

It's been 6 weeks now.

Nuff time to do a new "shoot"

Do I need to ship you a new box of wine ?

Well all this beats BTT, and this thread cannot be allowed to slip off the front page.

Grasshopper

Dang, Mr. Earl.

It's been 6 weeks now.

Nuff time to do a new "shoot"

Do I need to ship you a new box of wine ?

Well all this beats BTT, and this thread cannot be allowed to slip off the front page.

Grasshopper

Now Lamar, why don't drink wine like the rest of us, from a bottle?

post-77797-143142622863_thumb.jpg

I am sure the gentleman from Colorado was referring to this type of "box". pl140083-wooden_wine_box_for_6_bottle_packaging_hinge_clasp.jpg

Well Mike if you look waaayyyyy back in this thread you will see that the first Terry shoot was made when I was unable to make a Buick National and Rita invited Terry to come over to cheer me up. Well guess what, I'm not going to the National in Portland this year. whistle3.gif Hang tight my friend.

I was hoping that was the kind of box you preferred.:)

You're not coming to Portland?!? I was hoping to squeeze your hand in person and chew some fat 'bout some fitty fo's. I live only about 30 minutes from the location. Sorry to hear that.

That is one long trip for any of us back East. It takes a lot of gas, motels, and time just to get a car there. Must be around 3,000 miles one way if you take a direct route from here. The trip I did last year It took just shy of 7,000 miles to pick up a parts car in Clear Lake, California. Then head North to visit several Buick friends. Dan Cook in Bonanza, Oregon, and Mark Shaw in Vancouver, Washington. After that off to Boise, Idaho for some vintage Road Grader Parts, and then back home. I did get off the beaten path several times to see a few sites along the way. I would do it again if it was in the cards. It would be better for site seeing in an economy car instead of in a big old Chevy Suburban with a trailer and load in tow. Just for fun, Google Maps say's it is 2,700 Miles one way for Mr. Earl. from Athens, Georgia to Portland, Oregon. What a Ride baby! :P Dandy Dave!

I was hoping that was the kind of box you preferred.:)

You're not coming to Portland?!? I was hoping to squeeze your hand in person and chew some fat 'bout some fitty fo's. I live only about 30 minutes from the location. Sorry to hear that.

Well, I don't have the '54 knowledge of our dear Mr. Earl, but this morning I got the 54-69 loaded in the trailer to depart Sunday. I hope that will help you make do ;)

Edited by Thriller
Spelling (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

A faux pas? Perhaps dad made a Freudian slip in describing himself on his decision to let his daughter drive.

driv·el verb \ˈdri-vəl\

: to talk in a very foolish or silly way

driv·eled or driv·elleddriv·el·ing or driv·el·ling

Full Definition of DRIVEL

intransitive verb

1: to let saliva dribble from the mouth : slaver

2: to talk stupidly and carelessly

— driv·el·er noun

Guest my3buicks

Lol, my daughter is one of the few people I can ride with comfortably, while she is only 21 she commuted a long distance to college daily for a couple years over some pretty lousy roads and conditions and it whipped her into a first class driver.

Somehow my iPad got changed to auto correct and I have some real gems out there in posts and typing.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

sounds like a bunch of drivel to me....

so the old question of "What would we do without spell check?" gets answered ......have fun

silverarrow, great picture!!!! reminds me of an old joke " If you lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for half a day, when you open the trunk which one will be happy to see you?

Not understanding that the joke really wasn't a "question and answer" type joke, I answered "I wouldn't put my dog in a trunk" WRONG answer!!!!

Guest BigDogDaddy

Sure you can. All ya gotta do is start a page or a group. It can be kept private too so that you can limit to those who you want to have access to it.

Guest BigDogDaddy

When I click on the link, it takes me to Facebook, but a window pops saying content is temporarily unavailable. And the link may have expired.

I also get the same error message. I suspect the error is related to the privacy settings of the facebook group. If it is a closed group, you have to have an invitation sent before you can view it.

Just tried it. Nothing. I'm guessing that if you want to open it, you have to have a facebook page. If you don't you're shut out. Just like I can't spy on my wife and her facebook activities.

I'm just curious. We all like this page as is, where is. Why would we want / need anything different?

• 2 months later...

Dang it Mike, I knew there was something I meant to have posted back just after the Nationals. I was unable to go to Portland so Rita, knowing Terry always lifts my "spirits", asked her to come over. And since I have been promising you some updated photos I asked her for a photo shoot. She complied and I hope this makes good on my promise.

terr2crpd_zps8804e85d.jpg

terr4brtcrpd_zpsb217c6b3.jpg

P1000759_zps8d753b84.jpg

P1000814_zps04484e9f.jpg

P1000811_zps2cb0d0fd.jpg

P1000796_zps148b5608.jpg

P1000785_zps0863a446.jpg

P1000775_zps1486d819.jpg

P1000780_zps8abe0fb1.jpg

P1000773_zps5074130a.jpg

P1000766_zps42ff5fcf.jpg

P1000769_zpsfddd2058.jpg

P1000768_zps25f7eab7.jpg

and for the Grand Finale.... a Sharon Stone moment.....almost...

P1000797_zps0ba88134.jpg

• Haha 1