My 50 buick roadmaster

Guest 50bomb

Guest 50bomb

I got my 1950 buick roadmaster last summer..Drove it from riverside,ca to Orange county,ca and it over heated and blew a piston..The guy I bought it from said it was rebuilt but i knew it wasnt and was gonna have problems. Bought it from a drummer from a popular pyschobilly band..Figures..haaa anyways its been a slow build but I ordered Ez Wiring kit for her and rebuilt the motor some replaceing head gasket,and manilfold gaskets, and rear end seals.Gonna need new radiator some wheels and a tune up and she should be good to drive on the road while i fix her up..

post-60651-14313804859_thumb.jpg

Guest 50bomb

P.S not the right hood for my roadmaster..believe its for a special or riviera..to short for mine need the 4 portholes.DO you guys/gals know if any other year of roadmaster would fit for a 50?

Guest 50bomb

Yea I want 4 portholes on the each side of the hood. But no biggie right now. If I do not find a hood by the time i get it on the road then i will drive hoodless for the time being. I am ready to cruise this car soon.

I have a good, used hood from a 1950 Roadmaster, has surface rust only, but I am in Texas so shipping would be expensive. I have quite a few other 1950 Roadmaster body parts, if needed.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

1948 model 71

1949 model 59

1950 model 76-R

1963 Wildcat conv. 4-speed

post-33059-143138048637_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

here is alil update on my buick. Got the camaro rear end in it..i notice on this that the brackets on the camaro to buick frame is low..alil more that 3" off the ground..would of like to lower it more..have the rear bumper closer to the floor but later may bag the rear..its almost ready to drive just need to cut the drivshaft to fit and weld exhaust.

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

Yes i will take more pic later..Its off of a 71 camaro i believe. at first when we did this we put the brackets under the frame..well the back part of the bracket nearest to the bumper made the bumper stick up like almost 3 feet from the ground..not good..so we had to cut some of the truck floor to raise the leaf springs up and right now we are re-enforcing it..i would still love to lower the rear more but as you can see from the above photo the brackest and leafs will hit if i go any lower even with 2" lower blocks would really be pushin it..i love lower..haa but i will put more photos of the re enforcement on the rear leafs..thanks

thanks..i like mine as is..I am not to worried about the paint and all right now..i just want to make everything else work and be safe so i can drive it already..its alot of work and headaches but gonna be worth it.