2009 AACA Vintage Tour - October 26-30, 2009

24T42

When Barker and I were in Philly last month, we learned that the AACA did not have a sponsor for the 2009 AACA Vintage Tour. When we returned home, we approached the Brass-Nickel Touring Region (BNTR) Board of Directors and proposed that we host the tour. I am pleased to announce that this weekend in Lakeland, National approved the tour.

09VT_logo.jpg

The 2009 AACA Vintage Tour will be hosted by the Brass-Nickel Touring Region the week of October 26-30, 2009. It will be based in Fuquay-Varina, NC. <span style="font-weight: bold">The AACA Vintage Tour is now for cars 1931 or older. </span>

The BNTR hosted the 1999 AACA Vintage Tour, also in Fuquay. In 2009, we are going to have different routes and places to visit.

Late October, in NC, is a good time for touring. Hope you will join us a week of great touring.

Judy Edwards

Tour Chairman

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding!!! We'll be there with the '14 Buick or the '30 Packard. Hopefully Dian and Barry will join us.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know that the AACA Vintage Tour will appear on the May/June activity request card.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Remember - the cut off is now 1931.</span>

The Brass-Nickel has been working hard on the tour. I hope to post the tour routes in the next few weeks. We still have a few more details to pin down.

I am pleased to report that there has been a lot of interest in the tour. To date, I have gotten about 18 verbal commitments to go. I know about a third of these, will be carrying 4 passengers. Speaking of which, if you are planning on going on the tour and have extra room in your car, please consider sharing a ride with a fellow AACA member. I have received inquiries from several people who would love to go but don't have a car. Consider letting someone tag along for a day. I have found this usually enhances your tour experience. With your tour packet, I will have information on how to sign up for the 'Share a Ride' program. This is a great way to showcase your car and make a new friend.

• 1 month later...

Barker and I have been working on the routes every weekend. This weekend we chartered a steam train. smile.gif To see the proposed routes, please visit the Brass-Nickel web site. Please note we are still trying to reduce the mileage.

The registration packets will be mailed July 15th; registration opens August 1st; registration deadline is September 1st.

Note: The region has new a web address. It is Brass-Nickel Touring Region . Please updates your bookmarks.

Thanks.

Judy Edwards

Co-Chair, AACA Vintage Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received the list from National of those members who requested AACA Vintage Tour information packets. So far, we have received 76 requests. The breakdown is as follows:

15-NC

10-FL

8-PA

8-VA

6-AL

5-OH

3-MD

3-NJ

3-NY

3-SC

2-GA

2-LA

2-WV

1-CA

1-CT

1-MA

1-TN

1-TX

1-WI

1-WY

I noticed when going over the list, several people who said they were going did not appear on the list. If you are interested in the tour, please send $5 to National right away so that you may be included on the list. We have advertised a 75 car limit.

Remember:

The packets will be mailed July 15th.

Registrations open August 1st and closes September 1st.

Please contact me if you have any queations or concerns.

Judy Edwards

Co-Chair, 2009 AACA Vintage Tour

• 3 weeks later...

Today is July 15th and today we mailed the registration packets out to those who had requested a packet. To all of you who requested the information, thank you.

If you would still like to go but have been procrastinating, you still have time. Registration does not open until August 1st. So mail $5 to National ASAP and ask to be included on the Vintage Tour list. Just as soon as we hear from National, a packet will be headed your way. You can check out the places we will be visiting by checking out the Brass-Nickel Touring Region web site.

Once again - THANKS!! :D

Judy Edwards

2009 AACA Vintage Tour Co-chair

• 3 weeks later...

It is all up to the Post Office now. I did not make it back into town until late so it won't be in Riley's mailbox Monday, but it should be there Tuesday. Hopefully, that will be fast enough.

I just updated the Hotel information on the Brass-Nickel Touring Region web page (August 2, 2009). I have also included Google Maps to both hotels, which will let you get directions to the hotels.

As of July 30th, only 3 rooms were left in the block of rooms at the Host Hotel. However, the auxiliary hotel is the Holiday Inn Express, which is located about .5 mile from the Host Hotel. If you would like to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn, I have included on the web page a direct link to the reservation desk so you make your reservation on-line.

If you any questions or problems, you can contact me at the Region mailbox: brassnickel@gmail.com.

Judy Edwards

2009 AACA Vintage Tour Co-chairman

Edited by 24T42 (see edit history)

As you know registration for the 2009 AACA Vintage Tour opened Saturday, August 1st. The 1st registrations came in Monday morning. We received 33 registrations the first day. Since then, we have received another 19 making the current total (as of August 5) 52. So, they are still openings if anyone would like to go.

You will receive a hard copy confirmation in the mail. In addition, you will be notified via email (if you included your email address on the registration form) from Riley Reiner, asst. Registrar, probably tonight. Dean, the registrar, is currently out of town for a few days. We don't want you to have to wait until then to be notified.

Although I haven't seen the list yet, I am sure you made the cut. :) Please let me know if you don't get an email confirmation in the next day or two.

Congratulations - I look forward to touring with you in October!

Judy Edwards

• 3 weeks later...

Judy, I just tried to send you a Private Message and got an error message that says you are out of PM storage space and need to delete some messages before you can receive any more messages.

• 2 weeks later...