WTB: 1929-33 Cmdr rear axle and '32-'33 Pres. front axle

Gary_Ash

I'm still looking for parts to build my 1932 Indy car. Someone out there must know where there is a great big pile of axles just waiting for this project.

The rear axle should be in the 3.07-3.73 ratio range, but I'll consider anything at this point. It's one of those that the ring-and-pinion carrier bolts into the housing. I think the centers of the spring perches are about 38 ionches apart and the track (center-to-center on tires) should be about 58 inches.

I need a front axle and spindles, too.

I'll be at York next weekend.

Guest 32stude

I have a 1932 Studebaker front axle, but I don't remember the model it came from. Do you have any dimensions?

Vince

The front axle should look about like this one:

http://www.studegarage.com/images/indy/Indy_front_axle.jpg

The inner set of holes for the spring mounts should be about 21" apart and the outer holes about 25" apart. With wheels and tires mounted, the distance from the center of one tire to the other is about 58".

Have you got any pictures?

Guest 32stude

Inner holes 22 5/8" apart. Outer 27 1/4" apart. If my memory is correct this might have come from a 32 Dictator,

Vince

917 562 8369

Thanks for the dimensions. It seems I need to account for the diameter of the U-bolts in specifying the hole center dimensions. Those dimensions seem close but maybe a little wider than what I am looking for. But, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.