Need help identifying car.

Guest Slim-Jim

Guest Slim-Jim

It does have the shape of the '36 Chev and the gas cap is in the right spot but I assume it has one tail light under the tag on the trunk lid. Also, it appears to be a two door with a suicide configuration.....? I'm certainly no expert but is this typical of the Chev? I really appreciate the input.

Guest Slim-Jim

Yes, it is a lady taking the photo. At least the shadow looks like a woman's. Apparently it is a '36 Chev with only one tail light. The second one must have been a option smile.gif. I appreciate the input.

West, Slim-Jim, Probably no need to eat your words West. To clasrify, I believe your blue car pictured is a '35. It has suicide front doors. I don't think any '36's did. Interestingly, as an aside, In '35 there were 2 completely different bodies styles for the Standard and the Master, the former looking quite like a '34, and the latter like your blue pictured one. Could they have done this again in '36? While I could be wrong, I don't recall there being 2 '36 styles, one qwith suicide doors and another without. Blast me if I'm wrong guys!

No blasting here Dave.

Esp when we only have rearends to look at :-)

1935 Chev Standards had the last of that lovely 1933/4 style.

Masters had the new shape as above.

All 36 pass were the new 35 style with centre opening doors. [Not in Oz.]

Altho Holden still issued tourers and roadsters in 36.