Ranchero ID Help

Guest mercman86

Guest mercman86

I finally found a solid one, its a 1966 Ranchero, mostly restored but i checked and went as far as to remove the carpet and look over every square inch of that car and its solid, except for a few spots on the body. I was wondering if you could decode the tag for me:

body: 66A

color: R

Trim: 2D

Date: 09F

D.S.O: 72

Axle: 4

Trans: 1

Any help is appreciated and thanks for all of your info!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mercman86

I got the car running pretty good, the breaks and clutch are excellent! I just needs a new muffler and a paint job! Its a pretty good survivor with just over 31,000 miles!

Here are some pictures:

P1000769.jpg

P1000772.jpg

P1000773.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I ran one of these in a pest control business years ago. Good dependable machine. I still like the body style and interior. To me it and the 67 were the best looking of all rancheros. I also had a 64 that was good but I did not like the look of the 64 very well. Congrats on a great find.

Guest mercman86

Thanks for the compliment! I cant wait to get it back on the road, still waiting for my gas tank to come back from being cleaned out!

• 1 month later...
Guest Bob Call

Kind of off the subject, but, yesterday on I44 between Oklahoma City and Tulsa I passed an Edsel Ranchero. What years did Ford make this model, anyone know?

Guest mercman86

What you saw was probably a '58 or '59 Ranchero with an Edsel Front clip on it. They were both based on the ford full size line so sheetmetal from a Edsel would bolt right on. Im sure it looked cool though!

• 2 weeks later...

body: 66A 1966 Can't find a 6 but assume Ranchero made in Atlanta GA

color: R Dark Green Metallic

Trim: 2D

Date: 09F June 9th

D.S.O: 72

Axle: 4 3.25:1

Trans: 1 3 speed manual

This is based on Mustang codes so it may not be totally correct

• 1 year later...
Guest siouxindian
Kind of off the subject, but, yesterday on I44 between Oklahoma City and Tulsa I passed an Edsel Ranchero. What years did Ford make this model, anyone know?

its my car .north of down town tulsa 75 hi way it came from canada.i just did a google on edsilrancharrow and your ? came up so i joined and replied. its a small world. its not an american car. so to speak kinda

Guest mercman86
its my car .north of down town tulsa 75 hi way it came from canada.i just did a google on edsilrancharrow and your ? came up so i joined and replied. its a small world. its not an american car. so to speak kinda

Small world indeed! Could you post a picture of your car? I would love to see that!

• 2 weeks later...

Those boomerang taillights,from 58 Edsel wagons were a popular customizing trick for 57 Fords back in the day. Although you could probably cut the roof off a roundup(58 tudor wagon) to make an Edselchero it would be fool's work. By the way,58 Rancheros used the 57 Quarter panels(single round taillight) and tailgate so this is probably a 58. Check the dash.