Little works of art! I started collecting them 25 years ago. Was at an antique market in Edinburgh Scotland and while waiting for Susan to catch up, found myself leaning up against a post card vendors booth. Right beside my hand was a whole section labeled "Automobiles." Bought them all. I've always been more interested in the early art style cards actually, and have hundreds of them. Here is one of my favorites from that first batch.

post-30751-143138044484_thumb.jpg

This was one of those "promotional" give-away postcards from some hotel in Vermont--obviously I enjoyed the automobile visual in the foreground.

I will have to find the card (again) to be able to report back with the name of the hotel (unfortunately all I have right now is the electronic scan, which noted that the location was Vermont)...

VTVWPostcardImage.jpg

Gotta love that legendary VW traction. "Ever wonder how the guy who drives the snow plow gets to work?" Too bad so many of 'em rusted out from the salt, though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Wolk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a weird postcard!</div></div>

Unfortunately, a lot of cars are found this way in Oregon. It's usually blackberry bushes, though.

Geez, amazing that guy actually let someone take his picture! I watch in amazement at how great auto postcards remain so inexpensive. Here are a few recent additions to the collection. I have no idea how many cards were illustrated by Montaut but think they must be quite scarce.

Terry

post-30751-143138045248_thumb.jpg

That was a fun day West! Different lake (Lonetree res.) than the postcard. About 5 miles North is Lake Loveland where the postcards were done. It's private now so getting on is tough! But with an Amphicar I have my ways!

That red car (HPOF) has been on loan for a couple years now to a museum in Denver. They wanted it for 90 days origially. It's dusted, watched over and seen by thousands and they thank ME for having it there! I get free storage and it's taken care of very well. I owe them thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was one of those "promotional" give-away postcards from some hotel in Vermont--obviously I enjoyed the automobile visual in the foreground.

I will have to find the card (again) to be able to report back with the name of the hotel (unfortunately all I have right now is the electronic scan, which noted that the location was Vermont)...

VTVWPostcardImage.jpg

</div></div>

I finally located the actual card. From imprints on the back, it depicts the "Mountaineer Motor Inn, at Mt. Mansfield, Stowe, VT...Indoor heated pool...60 units...motel privacy...dining room..."

No date printed on the card, though fine print indicates it was copyright by "Hannau-Robinson Color Productions, Inc., 475 - 5th Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10017"

• 2 weeks later...