Welcome to the Automotive Art Forum!

Guest ken bogren

"art including paintings, drawings,"

Does that include advertising art? There's some great art in auto ads, especially some of the pre-WWII stuff!

This could be a great spot to learn more about some of my "wall-hangers." Here is a print that I picked up recently.

Terry

post-30751-143138044479_thumb.jpg

This is just the announcement thread. You are free to start your own posts in separate threads.

Barry

That car in Terry's print may predate state-issued plates, but it certainly doesn't predate plates that owner's would have been required to make.

Your painting turned out nice. This is the first time I've seen it finished. Usually automotive artists ruin paintings by trying to be a portrait artist as well. She did well on both in this one.

• 8 months later...
Guest donkeypunchboy

Hi people. I'm not sure where to look for answers on this. I work at a recylcling company and had some interesting stuff come in in a box from a remodeling job.

I started sort the debris like I always do. I found something very interesting. It was something that looked like a technical drawing of Chryslar Pent Star design. I found a bunch more then some concept drawings of cars.

I found a binder that has what looks to be the original Dodge Ram emblem artwork.

Also some stuff for Jeep logos. I mock up for Crylar LaBaron. But with an Imperial eagle looking design on it. Some metal punch outs of the eagle and the LaBaron Lettering.

Then I found some letters relating to the artist and also the Dodge brothers and some interesting stuff about their family geneology and their use of the Dodge family coat of arms and some concerns about the patent rights on the cart of arms and whether they had the rights to use it on automobiles. Pretty interesting stuff.

Anyway. I recognized that what I had found is of some historical importance and monetary value. Not sure what to do with it. Most of the stuff had gotten a little wet. I'm drying it out right now.:D

I'm thinking I'm going to put the stuff up for sale. I work at a recycling company for $14.50/hour and this stuff could be worth more than I make in a year.

Any advice on how to go about getting this stuff appraised and ultimately sold?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest donkeypunchboy

I made a quick website on FreeWebs and posted some of the images on their. I took a lot of images but they don't let you FTP so I just uploaded them one at a time.

For now here's what I had time to photo and upload today. I will keep a blog and upload more stuff when I can.

Original Dodge Ram Emblems

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest lborrero

Not sure if you guys are interested but an artist is trying to pull together some iconic car parts for an art show to promote the art car scene in Pennsylvania. she has a nice 911 door in her style and more Porsche parts could come.

post-102852-1431427055_thumb.jpg

you can check it out at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1285103120/iconic-automobile-art-show-by-vivian-calderon