Scooter I.D.

West Peterson

I have to disagree. I have owned many Cushmans over the year. This does not look like any Cushman that I have ever seen. The shape of the windshield and top is all wrong. You can Google "Cushman Truckster" and hit "Images" and see examples of nearly every model built. There is a pic of one of these,(the red one),but it is not, in my opinion, a Cushman. There were Nordskogs, Tapcos, Westcoasters and others built for industrial use

As a Brit, I did just that before posting. Attached some other examples of Cushmans as found. The top one was marked Truckster and seems to me to be a copy of the enquiry vehicle. The lower ones have checker plate bodies but general configuration remains the same. I am therefore confused by your comments? Are the names you mention type models of Cushman? I believe Nordskog was.

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

post-58492-143138042511_thumb.jpg

How can my comments be confusing? The names mentioned were different makes. Cushmans were called, ironicaly, Cushmans. They were not, as far as I know, sold to others to be rebadged.One exception is, a few of their two wheelers were rebadged as Allstates and sold by Sears.

The top one attached is not, IMHO, a Cushman. The yellow one, almost certainly, is not.

All, small, industrial scooters are not Cushmans. It is not a generic term. All tiny cars are not Minis

Youch!!!

I was wrong as wrong could be. Apologies!!

The Yellow one is a Cushman as the tag on the identical red one confirms. I still have doubts as to the original scooter posted, but my knowledge of Cushmans is, primarily, focused on street legal versions such as the many 3 wheeled Trucksters and 2 wheeled scooters. It looks like they built quite a few different industrial platform vehicles that I have never seen. The fact that I have owned 15 or 20 Cushmans over the years evidently does not make me an expert. I will now sulk, quietly, in my hole and do my homework.

One thing I love about this forum and the guys and gals who use it...we are willing to admit that we could be incorrect about some information.

I will admit, sometimes I have thought of myself a bit of a 1931 Dodge "guru". I do know, however that there will always be something else to learn about them.

When I first said Cushman, I was looking at the photo below. I had no idea what the one in question was. I just looked at the similarities and guessed.

post-37352-143138042824_thumb.jpg

My dad was a letter carrier in Glendale, CA. Often he would come home, pissed off. It may have been for various reasons, but one of the big ones was when he had to drive "one of those &*@#^@ Mailsters!" He hated them. I brought a few home over the years as a kid at home and later on as an, alleged, adult. He couldn't understand why I wanted one of those pieces of.....well, you know.