1952 Buick Special Deluxe 18,000 miles

Guest Steve Shore

Guest Steve Shore

Here is my first Buick - 1952 Special Deluxe with 18,000 original miles.

I bought this Buick back in November 2008 off of Ebay. I was browsing through Ebay specifically looking for original low mileage cars (I have a couple of low mileage original vehicles as well as some frame off restored cars). Something about complete untouched cars has always facisinated me.

Anyway, something about this old Buick caught my eye. After a couple of phone calls I ended up "Buying it Now". When the car was delivered to my office it completely blew me away.

This car has not been touched in any way - original paint, interior, engine, everything was original. The only things I have done to it was to install a brand new gas tank and install seat belts. Every instrument and light works on it other than the clock.

It runs great and my first experience with either a Buick straight 8 engine and a Dynaflow transmission has been great.

I am currently in the middle of a frame off restoration of a 52 Ford Victoria. I am going to be real interested in seeing how the "luxury" Ford compares to the "economical" Buick. I am betting that the Buick comes out on top as far as ride quality and interior comfort.

Anyway, I am part of the Buick family now and i could not be more enthused.

post-59142-143138040359_thumb.jpg

post-59142-143138040363_thumb.jpg

post-59142-143138040367_thumb.jpg

post-59142-143138040372_thumb.jpg

post-59142-143138040376_thumb.jpg

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Steve:

When you get the Ford done (and it's a nice car), drive the Buick on a test route. Drive the Ford on the same test route. Add a 4" pillow on the seat and back of the Ford and adjust to fit. Drive route a third time. Drive Buick on route a fourth time.

Post comparison for us.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 1 month later...
Guest cardinal905

Super car, love the originals better than a fully restored anyday. Also love those bomb site hood ornaments !

• 8 months later...