Maxwell Chrysler

Tempest Storm

That looks like a Fedco number so is no earlier than 1926. Chrysler Canada started in 1925. I have a Canadian 1929 Plymouth with a Fedco number that doesn't fit into the code for the US ones - using WPCHRYSLER as numbers. Your code then is ?11024. Maybe the Canadian ones used a different first digit code? Hope we hear from a Canadian Chrysler expert. Maybe your truck is a cut down Chrysler 4. Depends on the wheelbase - 109" will be a 1925-6 model 58, 103" will be a 1927 model 50. That is assuming there is any chassis there.

I don't know whether this vehicle is a Maxwell or a Chrysler. My information is that the 1926 model year was the first to use the fedco system of numbers. I don't know enough of the corporate history to know when the Canadian company changed its name from Maxwell. Some research to do maybe.

Guest f-aschwanden

According the Chrysler Master Parts List 1934, it is a 1925 Chrysler 58 (four cylinder). Canadian Built serial numbers are BW-100-P to BW-452-R between 1925 ans 1926.

Guest f-aschwanden

According The Serial Number Book for U.S. Cars 1900-1975 (printed 1994) is the Plymouth a Model Q. The cars made in Windsor Canada from June 1928 to 1929 have the numbers G0000P to GP582E.

You will find additional informations regarding the Fedco-System and US serial-numbers on the Imperial web-pages under http://imperialclub.com/Articles/Fedco/index.htm

Guest f-aschwanden

Sorry, I was to fast (and wrong). It's a Plymouth Model U, started in Windsor January 1929 with serial-number GP583W and ended with GC499L.