1952 Canadian Buick

Tempest Storm

This is my 1952 Canadian Buick. I just got it this summer.. I have always liked the look of them... This one ended up being kinda special to me, as it turns out that it came from the same dealership that my grandfather worked for / at. I never met my grandfather.. but from him (after the death of my grandmother) I got some brake books, tools, and a key fob (never been used) from the dealership. Chances are that my granfather worked on my car at some time..

post-60173-143138038867_thumb.jpg

post-60173-143138038868_thumb.jpg

post-60173-143138038892_thumb.jpg

post-60173-143138038917_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Welcome aboard Tempest Storm.

I'll have to look up where you are from...I have a '52 Roadmaster...the data tag is missing, so I'm not sure whether it's a Canadian or American car. I have a number of resources if you would like to start learning about your '52.

I'm in Winnipeg, and have my car stored SW of the city.

We are bout 5 hrs from you Thriller! I know some about my Buick. Though we are having trouble calling it a Special, or a Roadmaster or whatever.. Tag calls it a 43? Any info I can find is in American and doesnt translate to Canadian stuff.. Not that we are not used to that.. I have a 55 Chevy 1300 as well (3100 in American)..

My list also includes - a '63 Biscayne, a '46 Chevy 1/2 ton, a '46 Chevy 3/4 ton, '55 Chevy 1/2 ton, '46 Chevy 2 ton, a '51 Chevy 2 ton, and a variety of parts vehicles.. Incl. a 53 Buick 4 door..

The Biscayne and the '55 1/2 ton and the '53 Buick parts car all came with the '52 Buick

Guest imported_Thriller

First of all, if you contact GM of Canada Vintage Services (it's a toll free number), for a reaasonable fee they will decode your serial and data plate. I have that information at home if you can't find it...I'm taking a break at work right now.

Secondly, measuring the wheelbase of the car should get you closer to which series it is. There were some differences I am aware of, at least in the Special line - there was a Custom or DeLuxe version...I forget at the moment, but I think one of those terms was Canadian, the other American.

If it is a Roadmaster, it will have 4 Ventiports (or portholes) in the fender. The Special and Super lines have 3.

There was a burgundy car for sale near Brandon - I forget if it was in Auto Trader, Usedwinnipeg.com or winnipeg.kijiji.ca. It looked pretty nice and was reasonably priced. It too was a Canadian car.

Good luck.

By the way, it's great to hear the story of the likely connection between your car and your grandfather. In my experience, even cleaning up the car can help you feel good about it.

It's good to see the plastic in the rear window for keeping it clear. I haven't seen those in a long time. I remember them being on the '69 Meteor we had when I was growing up.

Guest 53Nailhead

Welcome aboard. I'm not that familiar with the Canadian codes. I think the Specials are Customs above the 49th. Nice looking Buick, what are your plans for it? WOW shocked.gif Derek his stack (of autos) is almost as long as yours! Little western competition....or does the 'Grey Ghost' beat all?!

The interior is almost new new.. They are still covered by seat covers..

I know that is is not a Roadmaster, as we have 3 ports..

I have used GM vintage in the past, but found the info to be both helpful and a hinderance... We used it for our '46 3/4 ton.. (total frame off restore)

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 53Nailhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Derek will you post a pix of the 'Gray Ghost' cool.gif </div></div>

Well, there are pics in this thread. That will hopefully evade a thread hijack.

Welcome aboard,

Eventually you will get used to all of us and our chain pulling. Congratulations and keep the pictures coming. The fact that your grandfather worked at the dealership is enough to say that he drove the car and worked on it. Who out there can dispute that? If the dealership is still there, it would be a miracle if they still have service records. If we had computers then, there might have been a chance.

Anyway, welcome to the land of Buicks!

Stevo