1933 six cylinder fuel pump

Guest mikes33stude

Guest mikes33stude

Greetings, I just purchased a 1933 Studebaker 56 four door sedan which is 97% complete and original. I got it running and it runs well but I had to I.V. bag the fuel into the carb to get fuel to it as the orininal fuel pump is missing.

I know it is a Stewert Warner pump I am looking for but what model? Again, this is for the 1933 230 cu.in. six cyl. Does anyone have one for sale?!?!?!?! Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Mike

Guest mikes33stude

Just a bump, Does anyone know just the model # or base # for the fuel pump? I hope someone has a '33 six cylinder studebaker out there and can help me with this. Thanks. For now, I am installing an electric fuel pump. Would like to keep it ALL STOCK. Thanks for your help. Mike

ps. are the pumps the same for six cylinders as they are for eight cylinders?????

I checked my AC catalog 1928-47 for your application and they do not list model 56 engines? They show Dictator, Commnder and President applications for all years 1928 thru 1941? Probably not an AC pump that you need.

Stude8

Guest mikes33stude

Thanks for checking. The 1936 National Service Manuel showed it was a Stewart-Warner pump but failed to list what model. Hoping to find something rebuildable. Thanks again. Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Studebaker started using mechanical fuel pumps in 1928.

At first they used Steward Warner pumps.

AC filed a patent infringement suit against Steward Warner

and won. Steward Warner turned the whole project over to AC

which continued to make Steward Warner pumps and gradually

switched to the AC name alongside their own pumps presumably

on GM products.

So it could be an AC or Steward Warner pump.

I have some Steward Warner pumps but I am old and slow.

I am ailing now and it is freezing in the warehouse.

Where are you located?

I am in Joliet Illinois and you may stop by and look for that pump.

I do not have any of the rubber parts you were looking for in an other post.

John Mc.Call advertises in the Antique Studebaker Review.

http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub.com/

I stock some parts for the Model 56.

It is interesting that 1933 model 56 engines used a timing gear

instead of a chain.

Keep plugging along.

These cars deserve to be saved.

Email me at studebaker@mac.com and I will put you in contact with others that have Model 56 cars.

Bob Kapteyn

Guest mikes33stude

Mr. Kapteyn, Thanks for your reply. I live in California so it is hard for me to stop by. I am in no hurry for the pump, found an electric one to work for now. If you have a chance during the summer I would be happy with that. Do you know what AC# I am looking for? Thanks again for all your help. Mike

• 8 months later...
Guest Les warner

Hi Mike, I just now read your question about the 33 fuel pump. I can get you the serial number if you are desperate, I just had my Stewart Warner fuel pump off of my 33Regal 56,but have it back on. I tried to look for the number,but will need to take it off again. I bought a new diafhram from Lionel Stone Studebaker Parts of Ca He could tell you. 818 990-8916 I would like to see a picture of your car sometime. My web site is Home Page My car is being restored at this time. The color is darker than the pictures show. Les

The only fuel pump resource I would consider is

Then & Now Automotive;

47 Washington St;

Weymouth, MA 02188.

781-335-1579.

www.then-now.com

They produce complete repair kits for Stewart-Warner pumps 1928 thru 1970.

They can ID the model pump you need and may have parts to build one.

Give them a call.

Stude8

• 10 years later...
On 6/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, herman de boer said:

Dear people

I'm looking also for some replacement part for my studebaker rockne 6 cilinder 1934

Herman de boer

The Netherlands

What sort of parts?

Also note, no Rocknes were manufactured after June 1933; though some of those were crated and shipped to The Netherlands for final assembly to the European market.

This MAY qualify yours as a 1934 but, for those parts not specifically installed in The Netherlands, you will need to identify U.S. parts as 1933.

If you can identify the parts you need, while I probably don't have them, I can match the part to a factory number, which may aid your search.

Here is my '33 Model 10.

P8280416.JPG

Thanks for the andere sir

I bought a Ford coupe this winter from Amerika but with the covid 19 i dont no when IT wil arived in the Netherlands

So i start to rebuild the fuelpump and stromberg U2 carburateur from my car

Do you have that parts for me

IT had to be ready for the petrol from these days

I show you Dome photos

Thanks and enjoy

Herman de boer

The Netherlands

IMG20200606142137.jpg

IMG20200606142241.jpg

IMG20200606142343.jpg