91 Grand Marquis LS is there any interest? 71,000 miles

I thought I'd see if there was anyone interested in buying my car, I might be changing to a high mile commute that will pile the miles on quick and a little truck would be much better for me. I've had the car for a year and have almost $4000 in it with new BridgeStone tires, belts and hoses within that time. Asking $3000 for the car. Color is Crystal Blue (bluish silver) with a blue cloth interior. None of the parts are perfect but overall the car looks great. VIN is 2MECM75F6MX642946 for anyone wanting to do a carfax. AC is cold and heater is hot, needs the nylon gears in the front power window motors replaced they worked a month ago and I can still hear them when I use the switches. This is a California car, Sacramento before it came to Riverside.

peavey7@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The car is still available but I haven't started a job that requires the boxes and tools yet. I would consider an 82 -84 Dodge Rampage or Plymouth Scamp in good condition as a trade but they don't seem to be around Southern California anymore. I can't go more than 50 miles out from elderly relatives so the ones far distant from me are out of the question.

• 1 year later...

79,000 miles now and I have started doing the long commute, carrying tools in the trunk, but haven't been able to stomach putting a ladder on the roof yet. Parts needing attention are the front window motors, driver's door lock solenoid, and the wiper intermittent is going wonky sometimes but the wipers always work. The A/C has been cold all summer and I've never had to recharge it while I have had the car. Still would prefer to have a small 4cyl truck or a 4cyl station wagon that can hold an 8foot ladder inside but am open to offers. The car passed CA smog with flying colors in April of 2010.

• 4 weeks later...

I put it on the 'bay as a classified ad for $1850 so if you want to see it then look for cars close to the zip 92506 or it won't show up. At that price I'm sure someone will snap it up for a driver. Lots more pics from what I took today.

• 2 years later...

Never did sell the car and now it isn't as nice, nor does it pass CA smog test so it is on a non-op registration. I am currently deciding whether to send it to the wrecking yard or just let it keep sitting in the back yard, haven't been able to sell it at $800 locally since it is a big car that nobody around here wants.

I suspect there should be some tote-the-note car lots that would love to have something of that nature! Or even somebody like CARMAX. Hate to see it go to a salvage yard, even if the CA emissions deal is not good. At this point, I'd be more interested in "saving" the car rather than arbitrarily scapping it for basically "a few dollars".

There's also are several national Ford and Mercury product clubs. You can probably find some of them online. Surely, there's somebody in those clubs who'd like to have your car, even at bargain basement prices! NOT everybody does eBay or whatever!!

Why does it not now pass CA emissions? Just curious.

NTX5467

• 3 weeks later...

Around here there are other 88-91's just as nice listed for $800 to $1200 and haven't sold in over a year, just no interest in the big cars in SoCal. If I get the car to pass smog and then try to sell I'll actually lose money in this market, dealers know this and won't give more than scrap value of $300-$350 so I've just kept the car in case an emergency makes driving it necessary.

• 8 months later...