Andy Bernbaum

Guest 40packard

I've been doing business with Andy for years. I've used his weatherstrip, window parts, and windshield rubber and to do a whole car. He pretty much is as straight a shooter as your going to find.

His brake parts are great, bearing etc. But best of all everything you order from him is exactly what he says it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bobostski

He was a jerk to me.I ordered shocks for my 38 dodge and were not packaged properly and we all scratched. I called him but he told me to just paint them.

Do you Chrysler guys have much choice? I don't think so. Every business that has something you need, usually has a "difficult" fellow running it. I recommend watching Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" episode.

"Thank you sir, may I have another shock absorber?"

Also, some of you guys will need to modify your comments or Peter will remove this post. Just change your post to say "PM me"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bhigdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any feed back on the quality/fit of Bernbaum's weather strips and windshield gaskets?...........Bob </div></div>

There okay, the cowl vent rubber can be challenging to install.

Burnbombs and Roberts,rubber products are not as good a quality as Steele rubber products, I have used all 3 and although Steeles is more expensive, you are also getting a higher quality product.

I do not pay inflated rates for items as shocks, wheel cyls, etc from these vendors when NAPA, and Rock auto has them for less money.

A friend on another forum was looking at a supplier of OLd Mopar parts from India, apparently the item in question looked just like the same item sold at Roberts, no doubt they have suppliers all over the world.

Steele rubber is made in America, with quality.........

Fred is right. If you keep your car for very long the exposed rubber parts will eventually need replacing again.

I didnt like paying the extra, but I hate redoing something because I was tight in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Steeles is more expensive, you are also getting a higher quality product.

</div></div>

I agree and use Steele whenever possible. The problem is Steels lists VERY little for 56 chryslers.

Guest adam_knox

I bought rubber for the trunk and doors for the 49 convertible from Andy. The rubber was different from mine in look and texture. Fit fine, but my original rubber had a smooth black coating, whereas Andy's didn't. I'm pretty sure my car had the original rubber on it. In any case, other than that, I don't have any issue with the rubber at all. Andy's very knowledgeable about what goes with what car...

• 3 months later...
Guest 37 Royal

I have outside rubber from both Steele/Andy and the steele rubber is still good after 15 yrs the other has cracked,shrunk and mostly become bad enough to need replacing.I will pay the extra for the Steele product.

I also have a shifter boot on my 37 Royal that I got from andy and put in less than a yr ago and its already splitting/cracking...

Maybe Andy's parts are NOS or Replacement NOS. Steele's are new products, made with modern materials/technology which would be superior to something on the shelf for 60 plus years.

I just bought a 56 Chrysler trunk seal from him. I didn't like the cross section or poor fit. He took it back and gave me credit without an argument, but it probably shouldn't be advertised as the right gasket in the first place.

Steele's stuff is usually spot on for fit but they carry almost nothing for 50's Chrysler.........Bob