help me identify

Guest weaving

First car is a Roamer, no older than 1919.

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2006/02/01/hmn_feature28.html

http://www.remarkablecars.com/for-sale/showproduct.php/product/10598

The second car could be just about anything. It's a custom body that is typical on cars such as Alfa Romeo, Talbot Lago, Delahaye, Delage, and Bugatti (I'm pretty sure this one is NOT a Bugatti, however).

Yah, and I got it all over my computer screen too. sick.gifmad.gif

I suspect the car is either a Delahaye or Delage, most likely post war. Delahaye absorbed Delage in 1935, and except for the D8 model (which added two cylinders to the Delahaye engine), Delages were basically badge- and grille-engineered Delahayes.

Guest weaving

thanks for ID of my first photos. I have three new photos maybe I can get some help, I think the truck on the first photo is a Nash, but what year? next photo the car to right?

and the last photo?

regards cartom

post-59882-143138033378_thumb.jpg

post-59882-143138033381_thumb.jpg

post-59882-143138033384_thumb.jpg

Can someone enlarge the radiator on the WW1 military truck so we can read what it says. I can't believe how narrow it is.

I agree with NZ on the 29's.

Have we seen the royal car before. Looks familiar. Maybe it didn't have the flags [pennants] flying at the front.

It has different tyres this time.

Weaving, are all the pics from Europe?

Manuel in Oz

Leif, re the 'King' photo, I am not sure about it being either an Austro Daimler or Horch. Austro Daimler had angles and Horch were mainly flat. The front of the radiator in profile is a rounded curve with a very thin top section. Most of the German and Austrian cars had a much thicker section to the top profile of the rad. I think this could be a cca 1918 Opel tulip bodied phaeton of the spitzkuehler type. Chain drive, v windscreen etc. Was also considering an Austro Fiat and the Stoewer but of a later period which would not match photo. What is the year do you think?

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

I agree with Green Dragon on the Moon radiator. In fact, the car itself appears to be an early version of the Moon 6-40. I say appears ? ? ?. Further, the two guys with the truck appear to be dressed in either Cavalry or early Motor Pool dress of 1918. Finally for me, the picture just below the truck is most certainly Chevrolet; i.e. checkout the bowtie/oval logo on the radiator. regards; jerry janson

The first car has a 'Rolls' type radiator which was widely copied. The Moon version generally had a wide side section each side of the matrix. The Rolls had a very thin section, - as did the Roamer. I think the car in the picture is a cca 1919/20 Roamer Rumble Seat Roadster. It appears to have the 'Rolls screw type' wheel hub,- as did the Roamer, but the clincher for me are the two semi-circular hinge stays - of the Roamer rumble seat.

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

Guest weaving

regarding the truck, I think It`s a Nash, not easy to read the badge on the radiator, but I think the first letter are (N)

regards cartom

Hi Lief,

I guess that if the car was made for the King of Sweden it would not be a standard model with standard features. Surely a special body with special features. Long bonnet suggests big engine. As far as the additional smaller lights, if you look between top of wheel and mudguard, I think you could make out a faint white vertical line suggesting lamp?

When do you think the photo was taken. If you know a relatively accurate date then we can narrow down on features.

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

Guest weaving

thanks for all help.. I have a few new photos to identify.. the most of my photos I send to this forum, are from the Nordic countries

regards cartom

post-59882-143138033559_thumb.jpg

post-59882-143138033561_thumb.jpg

post-59882-143138033564_thumb.jpg

post-59882-143138033566_thumb.jpg

The second car from top ia a Talbot-Darracq 1939 from Figani&Falash.This car is showed in the Swedish Autohistorica number 2.1985. With help from nice Swedish gays we got it.

Mr.Vintman I were told that the "King"car is a Horch 1920 but is`t own by the King,it`s a private car in Sweden.

Even that`s from the same man who told me about Talbot.

Thanks to Jan Stroman and Gunnar Geijer.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-14313803389_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nzcarnerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regarding the second lot of pics. I think Nash only did 4Wd trucks (Quads). That looks like a name beginning with R on the badge - maybe Ruggles?? The second pic is a GM showroom with a new 1929 Chevrolet and a 1929 Oakland landau sedan. </div></div>

That truck could also be a Republic, they used the same design bolted together radiator.

Hi Lief,

Been looking at Horch and note that not much pictorial information is available anywhere on Horch cars cca WW1-1925. Before and after, they had plain type of radiator. There seems to have been a model with a spitzkuhler for two or so years but I cannot find a good photo. The profile of the header tank does seem thin. In view that your contact said that it was definitely a Horch, then it presumably must be one. Do you/he have a photo/s to confirm?? Do we have an accurate date for the photo, or the event?

Regards

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

This is a Swedish Thulin car 1920 or a few years later.

Vintman,I don`t have a photo ,but 2 well known car gays told me the same car name and year,but I`m waiting for photo of a NAG.I know the owner (he bought a 1925 Buick Std. a couple of years ago from me),and he told me that his NAG very much looked like the car with the King.

Wait and see??????

Leif in Sweden.