new to me 1990 reatta convertible

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

just got a 1990 black with black top and maroon interior ( which is in immaculant shape) convertible with 122000k miles. anyone know how many were made in this combination? Runs great lots of power only a few problems. 1. factory cd has cd stuck in it. 2. door lock on passenger side does not work and just flopps around 3. velcrow holding head liner is worn out. 4. very low intensity seen on radio controls, temperature controls and cd player. will not brighten up very much with dimmer switch, but does react slightly. any ideas whould be appreciated.

1) had to disassemble mine a long way to get the CD out. If it won't eject the alternative is to remove and take apart. Have a baggie handy for the iddy screws.

2) if it will either lock or unlock but not both then it is just not connected and can just remove the assembly and reposition.

Otherwise is either broken or the door trim panel is not on properly and the panel will probably need to be removed.

3) Replace velcro

4) May be sunlight sensor issue - can check value at BD-44. Also check for BCM error codes such as 122.

There were 295 black convertibles made. We do not know the break down of interior colors. Black cars could be ordered with tan, grey or burgundy interior. My guess would be that over 50% had tan, but just a guess.

You could go to www.reatta.net and look at the database (please send me the info on your car to be added to the database) Look at all the black convertibles and note the interior colors. Since this would be a good sample, whatever results you get from the sample, that would be very close to the actual percent built.

Guest daveagain909

barney I sent you the info for this car last night. Let me know if you got it.

AMES63, yes it is the car from Greenville NC, What did you think of car? If you saw it.

Guest ripraftn

There are 4 black 90 convs here on the Gand Strand. 2 with tan and 1 each grey and red. The Myrtle Beach dealer sold several 90 convertibles. Many are still on the road here.

I did not get to physically see the car, only saw the listing on craigslist. It appearred to be exceptional. The issues you said it had are minor. If I had bought it I would have settled in at $5000, and been very happy. I hope you enjoy it, especially when the warmer weather gets here.