1930 Chrysler six cj

Hi does anybody have a 1930 Chrysler six cj sedan i think thats what i have maybe you could post a picture to me i would highly appreciate that.My registration show 1931 chrysler .But a freind said it was a late 1930 sold in 1931 .Because the radiator shell and door handles match a 1929 and a 1930 i think.The motor is a six cylinder cj silverdome. I would appreciate any help on this thank you.

My 30 Model CJ-6 has curved front bumpers and the cowl lamps mount directly on the edge of the cowl with a ball and socket type mount.

You have either a 31 or these two items have been changed.

My car is about 5/8ths restored, 47k miles, NO rustout, and I have a lot of stuff new or redone but a lot needs to be done. It runs but doesn't have the correct carburetor.

Rhode Island Wiring copied my wiring harness back in the 70's for a pattern and made me a duplicate of original for somewere around half price.

By the way... The car is coming home next week. Get'in her out of storage, finally.

Bill H

Guest imported_Bill-W

Chrysler Engineering classified all Chrysler CJ models as 1930, as they based their model year on the calendar year from about 1928 through 1932. The sales department, however, declared that the model year changed on July 1st (or thereabouts) of each year.

So, for the Chrysler CJ serial numbers :

1930 -

H400WP to H490HS

6500001 to 6514919

1931 -

6514920 to 6520171

Engine numbers -

1930 -

CJ1001 to CJ24494

1931-

CJ24494 to CJ30292

Bill

Vancouver, BC

Hi Bill my name is Trini I saw your message to dana it help me.I am the one with the 1930 chrysler six cj I have the bumper curve like you and the cow lights are the same.Does your car have wing windows on each side mind does and it has metal trunk i guess those were option.I though the bumper was bent I'am glad I saw your post thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave;

This car is an early 30 Royal 66 Sedan with dual sidemounts.

I picked it up a little over a year ago and have since redone the motor (original). It does now start and run but need a new head and looking for a radiator.

I am now working on replacing wood in the top section. A bit time consuming. But all good things take time (and money). I am pleased about the shape the car was in. Very little rust. 73.000 miles and stored for 35 years.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...

My 1930 Chrysler CJ6, 

Made into a truck for the last depression I have owned it around 30m years and working on getting it on the road again.

The box on it has a hand lift on it so you can dump the  box .

I have a zenith carb off a tractor on it and at this point a 6v electric fuel pump.

My wife and I scraped the spokes and varnished them.

I got the gas ration book with it.

Im re doing the break hoses at this time and when  Iget it out side Ill get some better pictures

dscn0303 (Modified in Image Viewer).jpg

dscn0300.jpg

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Todd Daubenspeck said:

Morning Everyone,

I'm working on a 1931 DeSoto Six SA Coupe and need the head stud torque value.  Does anyone have that and be willing to share the information, please?

Here you go....

TorqueSettings2.jpg.f99e972e36537e6823e2fe733a934bfd.jpg

4 minutes ago, Todd Daubenspeck said:

Thanks Keiser31.  I appreciate the assistance.  Do you know of anyone producing a service repair manual for the vehicle?

There is no real 'service repair manual' available for the 1931 Chrysler products as far as I have been able to find out. The owner's manual/instruction book has the main elements covered, but mostly for adjustments and not assembly/disassembly. When my Dad gave me my 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6, it was in pieces and I had to figure out the puzzle that is my coupe. Your '31 DeSoto would be very similar to my Dodge and similar to the 1931 Chrysler CM6.