WTB: 1971 Electra 225

Guest BuickFan71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest BuickFan71

Hey! Thanks for the information and the help. I plan to buy one of these models whenever I can -- how soon depends on the car I find, the price, etc.

My e-mail is buickfan79@yahoo.com

If you have leads, please feel free to send them. I do appreciate your help with this search! I think the 71 model Electra is beautiful, and it has a special sentimental (childhood nostalgia) feel for me, too.

Guest BuickFan71

My dream 71 Electra 225 would be a forest green with white vinyl top, loaded, four door model. That car was the most elegant car to me when new --- and the same model, an Electra Custom, with the rosewood brown and white vinyl top. Like that one as well!

BuickFan71, that dark green color was actually known as Verdemist Green for '71. I agree -- it's a beautiful color.

The first new '71 Buick I saw first-hand was a Rosewood Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop with the dark brown vinyl roof. The car was stunning, but the dealership refused to sell it for a full-price cash offer during the fall, 1970 UAW strike. The Rosewood '71's seem particularly scarce, but it is a beautiful color.

Guest BuickFan71

Thanks for the information. I knew that dark green color was probably not forest green, but that was the way I always described it. LOL

I will post on the suggested forum as well. Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...