Yeah, it's a Pierce-Arrow...

gwells

And I think it is a 1930 or 31 model town car.

This picture was found in a group of glass negatives in the attic of my wife's family home in Buffalo, NY.

My question about the image, other than the exact model and year, is in regards to the crown emblem seen above the LH headlamp. Family recollection is that the Queen visited Canada, and specifically Crystal Beach, Ontario, where the family had a summer home, at some point before WWII. There is a suggestion that this Pierce might have been used during the Royal Visit. I hope the numerous folks in the background will be visible to viewers and their presence suggests some sort of public events to me.

Anyone have any further info or educated guesses?

post-40502-143138025924_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, that crown emblem is above both headlights. If you weren't so old, you'd probably have seen that.</div></div>

True but at least I know how to spell Selden!

(BTW Gary Hoonsbeen and I have been talking real bad about you via email, West. My position is that a good editor would have amended BOTH of our misspellings/typos... LOL!!!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Coco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Appears to be a 1931 Model 42. I know you didn't ask that...</div></div>

I actually did ask for that, David; thanks. I don't have a decent P-A reference in my library.

I can't see much of it, but the building that Pierce is in is rather interesting. Tile floor but with an oriental rug on the side away from the crowd. Seems to be a staircase in the background and it is clearly a large room. A dealership perhaps?

It's a long shot than anyone would know why this car has the crown emblems, but what the heck. The pic was nice enough that I wanted to share it even if no additional info comes to light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gwells</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

(BTW Gary Hoonsbeen and I have been talking real bad about you via email, West. My position is that a good editor would have amended BOTH of our misspellings/typos... LOL!!!)

</div></div>

I can't argue that, but until they find one, I'll have to suffice.

ROFLMAO!!

Just move your old man to Dayton and put him to work. He's a pretty good spell-checker for automotive subjects.

I still remember the abuse he'd give me if I didn't catch misspelled words when we were working together at Car Collector...

Hi, The car is a 1930 Pierce Arrow Series A Brunn Town Car. It was built for the Sha of Iran, Reza Sha Pavalli. The car was the most expensive car ever built to date as it has SOLID GOLD bright work. It sold for over 30,000. The uhpolstery had a crest on it as well. I purchased the lap robe for this car from Herman Brunns' daughter in the 80's. You can see a video of this car on you tube, now painted blue. Just go to youtube and type in Iran car museum to see the video of a great bunch of cars. If you have any other questions about the car just post them. P.S. The unpublished photo you posted is VERY COOL!

The room the car is in is the Pierce Arrow showroom that has now been converted into a bank. It was a Cadillac dealership for years. It was NOT the main showroom at the factory. The floor tiles were a very interesting shade of blue/purple that are still there. Legend has it that the car was placed on display and had to be removed due to mutiple accidents from people looking at the car and not the road. I am suprised that my good friend Dave didn't know the car.

Hi- Ed, I definitely give way to your much more educated knowledge of this car. I thought it was the PA showroom, but hesitated to state that. And I did not know all the story behind the car. Really a neat picture.

That said, I stand by my statement that they removed the bare **s archer in deference to royalty!

Happy (Pierce) motoring! David Coco