FS 1948 Super $1200 obo FS 1949 Roadmaster $900

Guest BJM

Just got off the phone with an elderly BCA member from near Cannon Falls Minnesota (Bill Loomis / Marlene Loomis) who said he is too old to get to his cars and wants them to go to nice homes.

1. 1948 Buick Super 4 door sedan. SOLID project with manual transmission. Complete with original interior. Motor is complete but locked. $1200. Black w/tan interior.

2. 1949 Roadmaster 4 door sedan, best for parts. $900 or offer. Sold as a pair. No need to move right away, they have been there 30 years.

He wants to sell as a pair. I am calling on a pair of 1949 Buicks in Minneosta next. A 1949 Super 2 door Sedanette and a 1949 Roadmaster 2 door Sedanette, so I could use the parts.

The pictures of the 1948 Super look like it's a nice straight car with nice dash.

Just spoke to TODD on the 1949 Roadmaster 2 door Sedanette. He wants $1700 no title. He has a guy from England that wants it bad, but needs a title - says $2200 for him.

This was pulled from a wooded outdoor location on his dad's property in Dassel (sp) Minnesota. He paid $800 for it and wants $1700. I think he probably got it for free and wants $1700 for it but that's just my opinion. Missing only the fender skirts. Engine compartment is complete including air cleaner. Intake manifold is cracked (might be the exhaust manifold IMO)

I have photos of this car if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Tony,

I believe cash would bring that price down but the seller was a little 'off' as I remember. Not difficult to talk to but somewhat dillusional about whta he had.

It's been awhile - either the car is sold or I might have difficulty finding the number. It was on Craigs List and has since dropped off.

Thanks for the info Bryan. I'm trying to find a "Lead Sled" I know that Buick and Mercury both had that nice flow design from the back in 48 to around 52. If you have any other recommendations feel free to comment.

Thanks

Tony

If the '49 Roadmaster sedanet has good rear quarter bodyside mouldings (the long, long ones), a set of those are worth half the asking price of the car. Next to the full-sized 1970 Buick front bumper emblems, those are probably the most sought after post-war Buick part that there is!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338