For sale: the =first= plug-in electric motor (1887, C&C brand)

the first plug-in motor ever made, for sale at ebay this week

===

Introduction to myself: I am an old car buff.

I used to own and drive (for five years, nothing else-but!), a '22 T coupe which I had restored and "ruggedized", myself, for constant, daily use.

I drove no other car during that five year period.

I also once owned a '16 dual-drive Detroit Electric, unrestored, with its compliment of Edison batteries.

I never restored that car.

My step father, still living, owned classic cars back in the early fifties; a charter member and one of the last living charter members of the Auburn/Cord Club (joined up ca. 1953, I think).

<span style="font-weight: bold">

What we are selling is =not= truly an automotive item</span>,

but, as you see by scanning the auction, <span style="font-weight: bold">it is an item of such great historical significance, as to be worthy of telling about to members here.</span>

I plan to participate in these forums</span>, as I <span style="text-decoration: underline">do</span> have a wealth of self-taught tips and ideas for making old cars run well and last long (who here does not?)

Kind and cheerful regards from new member, Reid Welch,

Miami, Florida.</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">

<span style="font-weight: bold">What would it be like to own</span> the first-manufactured automobile,

or the Wright Flyer, etc? The auction item offers you a chance to experience that sort of thrill of =practically unique= ownership of a concept made into reality: the first of billions of its kind.</span>