Mickey Thompson Freedom Rider 3 Stripe Tires

MoChev

I have acquired a matched set of new never mounted vintage Mickey Thompson Freedom Rider 3 Stripe tires. The set consistes of two A78-13 and two G78-15 tires.

I can't find any info on the web regading these tires or any other set available. Anyone know anything about these tires (e.g. Year(s) available, application used for, resale value, etc.)?

My guess is that they are 60's or 70's vintage and used for some type of open wheel street rod.

post-59435-143138023038_thumb.jpg

post-59435-143138023044_thumb.jpg

post-59435-143138023049_thumb.jpg

post-59435-143138023055_thumb.jpg

post-59435-143138023061_thumb.jpg

put them on ebay and see how much they bring

do two separate auctions for the two diff sizes but state in each sale you have the others and reference that sale

hard to say, but I would guess pretty good money

the 13's can be used on Pintos and Vegas

the sticker says they are red white & blue stripes, are they?

the date code on the sidewall will be a clue as to when they were built ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Rohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">put them on ebay and see how much they bring

do two separate auctions for the two diff sizes but state in each sale you have the others and reference that sale

hard to say, but I would guess pretty good money

the 13's can be used on Pintos and Vegas

the sticker says they are red white & blue stripes, are they?

the date code on the sidewall will be a clue as to when they were built ...

</div></div>

Thanks for the response, info and suggestions!

Any guesstimate of what "pretty good money" would be?

The sticker does say red, white & blue but all three are white stripes. Not sure why the discrepency.

Date code is confusing! The date code for the 13" tires is "DOT UPF5 BA3296" and for the 15" tires "DOT UPVV BA3986". Doesn't make much sense since this would appear to indicate they were made in 1996 and 1986. Considering that they are bias-ply this doesn't see right. Per the Wikipedia DOT Code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire#DOT_Code definition these tires should only have 3 digits not 4! 4 digits indicates post-2000 manufacturing. I'm stumped on what the real date of manufacture is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrookridgeFarms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">100-150 </div></div>

I assume this in response to the value? $100-$150

If so, is that for the set or each?

Guest BrookridgeFarms

a pair,,,if you have 4 of each you could get more as perhaps a resto shop could use em ,,but as a pair not so much so,,as would be impossible to match them to a older pair visually