Australian Americans? Photo ID Please

Vintman

Hi Folks,

Seems my previous picture was too difficult ! Despite over 160 views, not one single comment. Anyway, many thanks for taking the time to look. We at the Surrey Vintage Vehicle Society (United Kingdom) have an active Help Page on our website (currently http://www.svvs.org/help18.shtml) where the general public can get free assistance with identification of old cars from old photos. We would appreciate help on three photos received from Australia, - so bodies could be Australian. Photos are below, and are numbered. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

post-58492-143138022293_thumb.jpg

Earl is not right out of the paddock, Layden. There is one here somewhere. It had been a reasonably little used original garaged car near a small town called Macorna in northern Victoria when it was aquired by a young lady in her early 20's. She joined the Vintage Drivers club in Melbourne about 1969. She didn't have much idea how to go about restoring it. I saw the car at her parents' place about then; but the girl was much more interesting than the car. I had just rebuilt the 1918 Mercer for the 1970 FIVA International Rally from Sydney to Melbourne; and what I should have done was get her to come for the event. Young people didn't really do that sort of thing then. A few years ago she recognised me at Bendigo Swap Meet. She had sold the car long ago and had not maintained much interest in old cars. Ivan Saxton