This might interest you guys

Guest aussie610

Guest aussie610

Got this in an email, The guy wanted to know what it was (thought it was a Graham). Thought you would find it interesting..

Ok what is it?

post-45136-143138020412_thumb.jpg

post-45136-143138020413_thumb.jpg

post-45136-143138020416_thumb.jpg

Guest aussie610

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a 1935 Ford Model 750 Phaeton. </div></div>

Nope.. But close

Guest aussie610

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Manuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea of the locations Neil?

I bet there is a good story to go with the fallen tree pic.

Manuel in Oz </div></div>

Guy found it in fathers photo album, has a photo of an Austin 7 hooked up to the same caravan (Was a set up as the caravan feet are still on the ground)

Guest aussie610

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ivan_Saxton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You might find that Mal Grant of VCCA (Vic) has registration record of it Neil, and then you could tell people the engine number, for instance.

Ivan </div></div>

He wasn't interested, wasn't a car guy, just wanted to know what his father drove....

Im thinking the body has got most of the guys here confused....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curti</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't the VCCA the Vintage Chevrolet Club Of America ?.......</div></div>

In this case VCCA probably translates to Veteran Car Club of Australia. But the VCCA is for pre-1919 cars so I don't know how relevant that reference is to this topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DavidAU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As DAVE@MOON says, it is a 1935 Ford Phaeton. It is the Standard version as it only has one horn and a single wiper </div></div>

There was no Standard Phaeton in 1935 (in the U.S.), all Phaetons that year were DeLuxe Model 750's. Also all of the 1935 Phaetons I can find photos of only show one wiper, albeit on the left side over here instead of on this right hand drive car.

This car does have one horn and a painted grille shell like the Standard Series. Even at that, the horn appears to have a chrome top. If memory serves me correctly the Standard series horn should be a painted variety. Obviously there were differences in the Australian market, or else this car simply had an accident at one time and it's grille was replaced and the horn left off. cool.gif

VCCA could also translate into Vintage car club of Australia ,i dont know the cut off dates for Australia but in NZ it is (I think ) 30 years