Fleetwood Hill Climb...what do you see?

Guest Stonefish

Guest Stonefish

This Wednesday at 7pm, I will be presenting the History Of the Fleetwood Hill Climb at the Fleetwood Historical Society. This is in Fleetwood PA and open to the public.

There are a lot of goodies in this photo...including an A Production Cobra hiding along the tree line!

post-49045-143138019799_thumb.jpg

Guest Stonefish

that red behind the Chevy wagon is tough...but if you look through the passenger wing vent window, you'll see an EP for E Production. I'm thinking more Elva, MGB, or some type of Alfa maybe??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 72caddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the black Mustang GTA (390) to the left. Not to mention the Vette with the 435 HP motor (bubble hood). What is the red car just behind the Chevy wagon? Looks ferrari? </div></div>That can't be a 435, it's a '65 or '66 Corvette. The red car looks like a Fiat 124 to me, look at the headlight. I see at least 2 Beetles. What year Stonefish, they were still rolling their sleeves on their T shirts? That's manly.

The blue Mustang is a 1969 Mach 1. It's not a 1970 because the back window would flip-out and the mechanism would be visible. All '69 fastback Mustangs (except the Boss versions) had round C-pillar trim like this, but the only photos I can find with the trim mounted this high are of Mach 1s. Also I believe you an see a shaker hood scoop through the Chevy II's windows. cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 72caddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the black Mustang GTA (390) to the left.</div></div>

How can you tell that it has an automatic transmission? </div></div>

I think the only way to tell a GT from a GTA is the badge on the front fender, too low to be seen here. The stripe marks it as a 1968 model.

The most interesting car to me is the black car with the wrap-around windshield 2 cars past the black Volvo, visible just behind the shoulder of the guy in the black t-shirt. The windshield looks oversized to the car, and the roofline looks too modern for the wrap-around windshield to be there. I think it might be a Dual-Ghia.

The black car in the middle ground is an XK Jag half way down the front row is an early SAAB Behind the Sprite and the Vette is a Mustang behind that the yellow car is a Daimler SP250 the red car in the center is a Porsche. Being an Aussie I am not sure about the "bread & butter" cars so I will leave them to the locals. The young man in the check shirt is Max and the one in the tee shirt is George.