Question re 1914 Maxwell Parts Availability

Guest Philpy

I live in Perth, Western Australia and I'm restoring a 1914 Maxwell 25/4. Parts are very difficult to source over here, so I am seeking suppliers in USA. Does anyone have any suggestions for supplies of engine, clutch and gearbox parts?

Thanks,

In my limited experience, there are no established or reliable sources of Maxwell parts. Some collectors have resources they have gathered. Otherwise, it is make it from scratch, find it at a swap meet, or use a parts car.

If someone has better information, I would welcome it.

Other owners can be helpful, and connecting with them using internet resources such as these forums seems to work.

Dont like to add to your woes mate but I have a 25 Maxwell, owned it for 10 or more years now, I do all the swap meets etc. I can confirm that these parts are vey thin on the ground down here and you may just have to resort to later model parts.

Early Chrysler 4s share a lot of componentry with my era and are relatively easy to find bits for, even the 28/29 Plymouths share similar engine/transmission pieces.

Good luck !!

Thank you for the information. I suspected that I might have to build some parts from scratch. The suggestion about the Chrysler parts is welcome.

regards,

• 2 years later...
I live in Perth, Western Australia and I'm restoring a 1914 Maxwell 25/4. Parts are very difficult to source over here, so I am seeking suppliers in USA. Does anyone have any suggestions for supplies of engine, clutch and gearbox parts?

Thanks,

I have a 1914 Maxwell model 25 that a gentelman started to make a tractor out of useing a model A ford rear end.I purchased it after he passed away.It was stored inside and is in good shape. I will sell all or parts. Includes radiator and cap, complete engine and transmision with all parts, front axel,axel hubs and caps,steering box and column,steering wheel, frame which has been cut off in back, clutch and brake pedals. Email megosier@verizon.net Location, Watertown N.Y.State USA

I have a 1914 Maxwell model 25 that a gentelman started to make a tractor out of useing a model A ford rear end.I purchased it after he passed away.It was stored inside and is in good shape. I will sell all or parts. Includes radiator and cap, complete engine and transmision with all parts, front axel,axel hubs and caps,steering box and column,steering wheel, frame which has been cut off in back, clutch and brake pedals. Email megosier@verizon.net Location, Watertown N.Y.State USA

That is quite an old post that you responded to.

• 3 years later...
Guest Philpy

Hello,

I have just seen the previous 3 responses to my original post. I am hoping to make contact with Braden to see if he still has the chassis. Thanks very much to Howard Dennis for posting the photographs, which have enabled me to confirm that the engine is a match for mine, although I have the steering column on the wrong side, having been modified for Australian conditions. Here is a recent image of the car.

post-58828-143142763804_thumb.jpg

post-58828-143142763804_thumb.jpg