bad engine mounts (engine shaking) cause carb flooding?

Guest n1gzd

I am pretty sure that my engine mounts are terrible.

Today it just occurred to me that this could also be the cause of my bad flooding problem. I got the carburetor overhauled by a good local shop and the problem is still happening. I double checked that the float level looks perfect.

I just occurred to me that if the engine was shaking a lot from side to side, the float would bob up and down a lot and cause the stop that pushes the horrizontally mounted needle valve in and out such that it would keep letting the fuel in even though the float level is correct.

Has anyone ever heard of a very bad engine mount (I will fix th is of course) causing fuel flooding problems?

Rebecca

The engine mounting system in a 36 Ply is fairly stable, even if the rubber is mushy or broken. Clutch issues are a more likely result of bad engine mounts. Tom Hannaford offers a reliable engine mount revulcanization service.

The needle is constrained by machined or rolled threads so erratic movement is not an issue.

Gas powered vehicles all over the world are driven daily over rough bumpy roads and unfriendly terrain without flooding.

Ok. I have to deal with the bad engine mount issue anyway but someone who saw mention of this in their willys manual gave me the idea.

The reason why my engine mounts are bad is mainly because it is the wrong one (and it was worn out anyway). One of the top bolts was not even there (because the holes don't line up).

Rebecca