1952 Buick Super Estate Wagon

Guest Dyna

Hi

Browsing for wagon and this one was on the SF bayarea CL list..

---

Reply to: sale-867802726@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2008-10-05, 5:24PM PDT

1952 Buick Super Estate wagon for sale. Car is in need of total restoration. Has 99% of the parts, it is only missing the trim on the passengers side. Also comes with a completely new wood kit. Would make an excellent winter project. Serious buyers only please.

$8000 or best offer

---

12814813aZZZZZZZZZ8a56a785ab2f9691631.jpg

116136149ZZZZZZZZZ8a5746b5a9f805b1f9d.jpg

110127148ZZZZZZZZZ8a580a142bdc8501879.jpg

1f01g7132ZZZZZZZZZ8a56edd0d21f61a1232.jpg

Cheers Dyna

PS: It's not my Wagon, just replay the CL post -- http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/867802726.html

Dyna and Mercer09

Just purchased the wagon on CL list. Been talking to the owner for a few days now. I'm glad you think is a good deal. Plan to restore it.However it will be a first for me. had 63 Buick convertible a wile back but had to give it up once I joined the Navy (never saw it again). Anyway I may be picking your brains for questions.

Guest imported_Thriller

Congratulations Moleda and welcome to the forums.

I don't have all the answers (or very many for that matter), but I do own a '52 Roadmaster...there's a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Good luck.

Congrat,

Yep you did well. There's been a few projects for sale (as in 50/53 Buick wagons) -- they been worse than yours and without the wood kit. I'm sure you been keeping an eye on both Ebay, CL,kijiji etc ...

I can't help you with any 52 related questions, but I can help with wagon related questions smile.gif -- I'm a big Buick wagon lover -- me and my hubby have three Buick wagons smile.gif...

Cheers and good luck restoring your wagon!!

Dyna smile.gif

What a project you have gotten yourself into. At least you have a wood kit....

A couple of items you need to know about the Woodies,

The 2 back corner posts are the foundation of the car, everything else is built from that. Get those right first and everything else fits to that.

Do all mechanical and paint before the wood, plan on touching up the paint after the wood is done.Once you get thos back posts in place, you dont want to take them back out.

I didn't see any pictures of the back tailgate or back window, do you have them ?

Have fun wiht it, it will be a nice car when done. If you need help, just ask.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Moleda,

Congratulations on letting the hammer drop on this, it will be great project for you I'm sure. Woodies and convertibles, the two best type projects one can "invest" in. Me I just throw my money away on ol' 54 four doors. smile.gif

Welcome to the forum too. I know you'll like it and learn a lot here. And hopefully you're already a member of the BCA and receive the great Buick Bugle Magazine.

Will be looking for you over in the Me and My Buick forum too.

Now all your days can be Buickful. wink.gif

Guys,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be sure to check back often and be in touch. I will start a website to track the restoration and post pictures. My basic plan is to start from scratch, do the mechanical first and move on from there. As a start, if you guys have any good reliable parts source it will be great. I think the worst thing about the wagon is a rear passenger door that is severely damaged. It was hit with a fork lift. It may have to be replaced or worst case repaired.

The wagon is missing a couple of things that are fairly easy to get. The hard to find stuff is there, including tail gates.

Bill,

I just purchased the car and actually still closing the transaction and setting up the transport to South Carolina, where we live. I'm glad we connected and I appreciate the offer. Once I make an assessment I'll let you know what I'll be looking for. Right now for sure I'll be looking for a rear driver side door. The one on the wagon was damaged badly.I may be able to get it repaired, however if I can find a replacement I rather go that rout.

• 2 years later...