1934 CA Rumble Seat Coupe

66delta88

I've got a 1934 CA coupe I'm working on and have a small problem. I have the front fenders on and what I think is the correct hoods and grill shell, but the hoods are about 3" short. How can I tell what doesn't belong? Hoods seem to match the cab lines very good and the lower sides have horizontal louvers with what looks like trim mounting holes in multiple locations. I can post a pix of the front end if that would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1934 CA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any difference in the grill shells?

Thanks! </div></div>

To my knowledge, the grille shells are the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, ok. there is a difference due to in 1934 oldsmobile they made inline six motors and straight eights or v8. depending on what model you got. if it had a six motor in it the fenders hood and grill shell are 3 in shorter. the grill shell is narrower. the eight motor body style is 3 in bigger. you need to detine which engine came in you car. you can email me djcew@aol.com with some pictures of you body and i can help. i have 2 3 window coupes and one 4 dr riht now i am restoring. i can also put you in touch with 2 guys that are experts. parts are hard to come buy. i bought a 4dr for parts after picking it up i found that it was in such good shape i cannot cut it up. it is complete and orignal. hopefully this helps

Are you certain that your car is a CA with a 117" long wheelbase and not a CB which has a 121" long wheelbase? Not to insult you on your knowledge of your car....just don't know if you have had it a long time and are certain.