WTB: Buick Estate Wagon inner fender panel 1985-1990 both sides

Guest Dyna

Hi Folks,

We just bought a new winter wagon --- well you know a car to drive during the winter. We had a 97/98 Volvo V90 last year, and even if it's a very nice car it has the wheel on the wrong side (right hand steering), I also managed to bump the front bumper frown.gif --- yep big arg on that one.. thankfully I can count on my single finger the amount of accidents I been involved in.

Anyways thought we could indulge myself in something a bit fancier than a V90 -- you know real wagon with unreal wood smile.gif. So we got our self a 1990 Buick Estate Wagon, it's a one owner car but it's from the east coast so it's not perfect. However the thing is that it's cheap to ship from either Baltimore or NY/NJ area -- basic RoRo to Southampton UK is under $1k for a big car, that together with a nice price on the wagon and we decided it was a go... Beside the seller mailed us 2000x3000 pixel pics and didn't bather not taking or avoiding things that aren't prefect on the car so we felt pretty safe.. it also came with new tires and new brakes all around

I have attached some pics of it, I have to say I love the color combo dark blue with wood sides.. smile.gif.. --- I also love the wheels.. one of my favorite late model wheels.. Anyways the wagon will be a great addition to our line of Buick wagons..

Now I'm on the lookout for three things for this wagon, and I thought you guys and gals could help me..

1 and 2: Inner fender panel on both sides-- it's rusty on both side.. don't ask me why since the car aint rusty elsewhere.. It's the #1 item in the spare part catalog illustration -- it's bolted to both the inner fender/wheelhouse (the latter one is plastic). It should be the same for both wagon and sedan from at least the early 80ties and up to 90.. Maybe somebody beside me is more familiar with the peculiarities of what will and what will not interchange... maybe your local pick and pull has a Buick ready to let it's inner fender panels go?

3: There is a patch of the wood grain about the size of a (US) quarter that has gone. I though it might been so that some of you folks maybe had changed or fixed your wood grain and had a little bit left over – or maybe so that you know what vinyl woodgrain that is correct for the wagon so I could order a foot of it or so.. don't want to order the original overlay since it's rather expensive.. $150 or so..

Hmm well well, that's it for now I think smile.gif..

Cheers Dyna

post-53439-143138006226_thumb.jpg

post-53439-143138006229_thumb.jpg

post-53439-143138006232_thumb.jpg

post-53439-143138006238_thumb.gif

Nice wagon Dyna. I don't think I've seen this color on one before. I've had several of these wagons over the years, some great, some not so good. I hope your's is a great one.

I don't have a lead on the inner panels but I'd suggest Desert Dog Auto Parts. This place is in Arizona. Here's their web site:

Desert Dog Auto Parts

• 2 years later...
Guest idyinc

dyna: I like the l990 Estate wagon. I am currentlky selling a l990 Buick Estate wagon. Not sure what a fair prices is. what did you pay for yours? My car is listed with photos at the beginining of this classified section. It is maroon. Have it for sale for $ 4,000 and may lower to three. Antique price guide has the value at more than $ 5,000. Any thoughts. Chris 267-240-9602

dyna: I like the l990 Estate wagon. I am currentlky selling a l990 Buick Estate wagon. Not sure what a fair prices is. what did you pay for yours? My car is listed with photos at the beginining of this classified section. It is maroon. Have it for sale for $ 4,000 and may lower to three. Antique price guide has the value at more than $ 5,000. Any thoughts. Chris 267-240-9602

I paid 1200 for mine. It's not super by any means but decent. There is some minor rust issues but then I guess every car from the east coast (north of NC) has at least some. Ours has "only" 123k on the meter.. but I think quality of interior, chrome and general originality will be leading factor on the value not the actual mileage.

Cheers Dyna