1929 Chandler woodgrain dash

29 Chandler 75

• 2 years later...
Guest Uncle Bob

I realize this is an older post but I'm looking to confirm a gauge panel identification. I've been told by a non Chandler owner that he believes it is from a Chandler, but I've had so many people guess that I don't have faith unless it comes from an owner/enthusiast. I'll attach a picture below if any of you Chandler owners or fans can help. Thanks.

post-68113-143138382085_thumb.jpg

Guest Uncle Bob

Thanks very, very much Ron. They sure look like kissin' cousins. I wonder if this means mine is an earlier year/model, or a different model within the '29 lineup? Anyone?

Guest Uncle Bob

Chris,

Thanks so much for that clarification. Now, mine looks like your Model 65 but the fascia is inverted to yours. I'm not familiar with the internals, could it be that someone in the past has opened mine up and in the reassembly flipped the internals? It doesn't appear to have been modified, but if the internals are concentric it maybe could be the result of a goof. Or is it a difference from a '28 to a '29 (mine being a '28?)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob the 1928 dash is quite different. The cluster is oval rather than the style of 1929. If you look closely on your bezel, that medallion at the bottom should resemble the grill of a 1929 Chandler. Yours is upside down. Mine has never been out of the dash.

Do you have the rest of the car or just this key part?

Happy Holidays!

Guest Uncle Bob

Do you have the rest of the car or just this key part?

Happy Holidays!

Thanks again Chris, nice Christmas present you've given me. I'll have to figure out how mine got inverted though.

I don't have a Chandler. A now deceased buddy of mine knew I'm interested in this sort of thing and picked this up for me at the Portland swap meet a couple years ago. The seller told him it was from an Essex, but I'm pretty familiar with those and knew that was wrong. At first I thought it resembled some REO dashes I'd seen, but in searching I never found a REO that matched. I'd even posted it on these boards some time back, but apparently wasn't seen by the right eyes. Anyway, now the mystery is solved and thanks go out to both Chris and Ron.

Merry Christmas to you all.