More like...what year?

Guest Stonefish

Guest Stonefish

This photo was taken at an early Duryea Hill Climb...I'm trying to nail down the driver's ID. Judging by the cars and the clothes...what could be my max cut off?

Is anyone could at IDing formula car makes from the 60's & 70's?

post-49045-143138000357_thumb.jpg

The cars by the curb appear to be a 59 Desoto, 55 Chev and a 35/36 Ford pick up.

The Desoto, MG and the Corvette look fresh and newish.

Any guesses on the black one in front of the MG??

Alfa/Aston/Triumph?????

No idea what year it is.

Manuel in Oz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The black one in front of the TF looks like an Aston Martin. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure this car is a late 1950s Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider. Even the visible badge on the trunk fits with an Alfa. Also it would be in the same racing class as the MG TF.

Guest Stonefish

You guys are good....thanks!! K. M. Dugan Jr. of Philadelphia could be our MG driver. I'll post more vintage Duryea photos coming soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That "trunk badge" is pretty thick....almost looks like a LUCAS license plate light. </div></div>

See this photo of an Alfa Giulietta trunk. Note how thick the disc- and/or globe-shaped badge is (actually it's the trunk lock cover), and how high the license plate and topper sits. Now look back at the photo. You can see the license plate and/or topper sitting at the same height, well behind any area that could be lit by that trunk badge. I'm fairly certain this is an Alfa.