Can anyone ID this car?

Guest Leonard Shepherd

Guest Leonard Shepherd

I posted this picture on the old car photo thread but nobody answered my question, so I will ask it here. It was from my great aunt's photo album.

post-52673-143137998987_thumb.jpg

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clincher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks very much like a PAIGE, early 'twenties. </div></div>

Thanks!

Guest groscap

The body does look like a Paige, however, I've never seen a Paige sedan with a side-mount spare tire, only rear mounts.

Maybe its a 1924 Jewett?

The radiator looks more Oldsmobile to me. Paige did not use as rounded a radiator as this appears to be. Also the rear hubcap is larger than the front hubcap-or is the photo distorted? The sidemounts on a Paige use the rim only even with the disc wheels, this appears to have a complete wheel in place. Strange looking door handles too!

Rob

Guest groscap

The front fenders have a sharper rake down into the running boards than Paige. The hood louvers look wider also. And yes, I noticed those downward pointing door handles. I wasn't sure if the disc wheels had demountable rims. Oh well, there goes my guess!