Pre-WWI car to truck conversion ID

MilSpec

That's the coolest-looking tow truck I've ever seen. I'm not sure I'd spend too much time looking at those hood louvers to make a positive i.d., though. They look to be home-made to me, along with the whole panel.

But, I've been wrong quite a bit lately, so this could be another one of those times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the coolest-looking tow truck I've ever seen. I'm not sure I'd spend too much time looking at those hood louvers to make a positive i.d., though. They look to be home-made to me, along with the whole panel.

But, I've been wrong quite a bit lately, so this could be another one of those times. </div></div>

I also thought the louvers appeared to be home-made, but I also had a couple people say they were key to making an id. I've looked at literally hundreds of pictures of pre-WWI cars and have found no louvers like these.

Whatever it was, it was a ~l o n g~ car.

Guest CutNChop

This one is for sale on Kijiji locally. Says it was in storage for 40 yrs. Seems in nice shape.

These cut downs into trucks are facinating.

1927Nash.jpg

1927 Nash