'32ish Chrysler rear clip?

Dave Henderson

Interesting...I found one of those, too! I believe the one you found is a 1932 Chrysler 8 cylinder (hinges on the rear of the door. The one I found is a 1931 CD8 with the hinges on the front of the door. John

post-37352-14313799716_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143137997171_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313799718_thumb.jpg

John,

Based on the low depression era production of these relatively expensive cars, it is surprizing for two of these Chrysler rear clips to turn up. The figure for the '31 CD 8 cyl roadster was 511, and 501 for the conv. In '32 no roadster was listed, and the CP 8 cyl. conv. production was 396. If we throw in the Imperial Custom conv. there were 28 more. (Figures as per The Production Figure Handbook, by Jerry Heasley)

Dave

West, I certanly would hope that a Chrysler lover would try to acquire both of these rare clips. With 2 maybe a good one could be made. Of course, they always seem to look better in pictures, and I've not viewed first hand. I don't know the whereabouts of the bullet hole riddled one sent in by John, but the other is in a remote area discovered by my grandchildren. If anyone is interested in learning more, I will be glad to forward any inquiry to them. Hate to see this rare stuff wasting away. I like to always have a backup parts car for my old cars, or as big a chunk of one as possible! Dave

The holy rear clip I submitted is in southern Oregon and available. I am assuming it is for an eight cylinder car given the double belt moulding on the lower area below the rumble seat panel. E-mail me if you would like more information at keiser31@charter.net or call John at 541-535-1890.