What are These Wheels From?

Powerstroke

Hey all, I have a couple of old Firestone wheels that I know nothing about. After doing a little searching, I came across this site and decided that I might be able to get some help here. These have Firestone, 36X4 and a few other things written on them. They seem like they weigh about 500 pounds a piece... the rubber is hard and the wood has some surface cracks but otherwise they are in pretty decent shape. Can anybody tell me anything about these, what they were used for and what their potential value might be? They've been in the family for decades but the only person left that knew anything about them was my dad and he recently passed away. I'm thinking about getting rid of them because they are big, heavy and in the way. Thank you for any help.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Wildyrie/Wheels/

Mike

Thanks for the replies, folks. Anybody have any idea if there is a value to these? I'm trying to clean up a whole bunch of stuff that's been sitting around my parent's house and these take up a lot of room and are in the way. I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or break them up and trash 'em.

Guest Bob Call

Mike

Please don't trash them. Parts for old cars and trucks are hard enough to find. At least post an ad for free to anyone that will come and pick them up.

Bob

Bob,

No, I'm not actually going to trash them. At the very least, I'd give them to somebody that could use them for something. I just wanted to see if anybody could identify anything about them and/or if they actually had any value. I've got a 52 chevy pu sitting in the driveway and I figured I could put the money into it, if they were worth selling.

Mike

some people use those things as "yard art" or use them in some sort of landscaping function ... smile.gif

turm the sideways and attach a post (axle) and a round piece of glass and they could be a bar table or a book table ... depending on the length of the tube/post/axle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bob Kerr

They aren't Olds truck. Olds used pnumatic tires and had round spokes. The rear Olds wheels have flaired out spokes where the brake drum/reduction gear bolts through the spokes and had shorter rounded end hub caps.