Rally America Wheels

Only Buicks

Glenn,

Gary McLean has been around wheels for a long time and is famous for his chrome wire wheels. I have a set on my 1935 Buick and after 15 years they still draw attention everywhere with their quality and durability.

For this reason I think he's into wheels enough to do it right.

Thanks for the web site, it's good to have another resource and to know my McLean wire wheels are avaiable again. It's new company name to me, but his name and reputation wins my

vote.

I needed a wire wheel repaired and I posted on this forum a requested for recommendations of a company on the west coast that repairs wire wheels. This is a link to that posting:

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/493605/Re_Wire_Wheel_Repair_on_the_We#Post493605

I received a positive referral to Rally American Wheels. I called and spoke to the owner who was very helpful and knowledgeable. I made an appointment and drove down to his shop in Fresno, CA. The owner, Mr. McLean, repaired my wire wheel while I waited doing an outstanding job. I can’t even tell his replacement wire from the originals. And to top if off he charged me less than it costs for lunch at a fast food restaurant. I highly recommend Rally American.

smile.gif

• 10 years later...

Rally America wheels is now run by the original owners son, Jimmy. 

I had them make from scratch a set of wire wheels for a customer's 57 Golden Hawk. Within the first year rust started on them. I called to see if something could be done and nothing.  Now about 3 years later, while doing some work with it on a lift, I noticed some of the welds on the inner hub were not properly welded and were starting to separate in a few areas on all but one rim. Shipped them back to RallyAmerica in October 2018 I just now got them back. March 15, 2019.

Same issue with the welds, welds are too cold and not "dug in" to the base metal in all areas. Based on this experience, I can not recommend this company as the weld issue is a safety issue. 

I so much wanted to do business with them and am disappointed in the outcome.