1957 mercury intake manifold?

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Where can I get an intake manifold for my <span style="text-decoration: underline">1957 Mercury Monterey with a turnpike cruiser engine</span>(368 cu. in.)?</span> My intake manifold is <span style="text-decoration: underline">cracked right beneath the thermostat housing</span>, so I took it off, beveled the crack, and put JB weld on it. I put it back on today and the JB weld cracked right where the old crack was. So I roughed up the old JB weld today and I am going to put more JB weld on it tonight. I need a new intake manifold.

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

It does indeed have a y-block. But the manifold in the picture is for a 312 and I have a 368.

Guest Bluesky636

Does your intake look like the one in the photo?

I would think that all Y-blocks used the same intake manifold just the way that the later FE intakes interchanged (well, except for high-risers). I bet you will find that except for displacement, the 368 and 312 are identical. Mercury usually got bigger engines than the equivalant Ford. Lincolns, usually, were even bigger.

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

This is my intake manifold the thermostat housing mounts on the top. I believe the threaded holes that hold the accelerating linkage is different also.

\\Your-4dacd0ea75\my pictures\Mopar show\DSC_8147.JPG

• 4 months later...
Guest eratchetos

You have a lincoln y block The only parts that will interchange are the oil pump & distributor. Ford y block is not the same. The only mamifold that will fit is 57 lincoln or 57 merc.T P C. Hope this helps.

• 5 years later...