Reatta resale values gone SOUTH :(

Roadster90

I have noticed parts and car prices on Ebay getting real bad for the last year.

Not only are many parts being sold for lower prices, there seems as if the quanity of parts being advertised has gone down 75% or more....the same is applicable for cars as well......fewer cars and fewer nice ones.....

Check out the below cars.

EB # 320270672241 - 90 Gray on Gray with a black top roadster with 33000 on the clock sold for $7599.00 (Rare color combo)!

EB # 32027139190591 - '91 white on red coupe with 83 on the clock sold for $4050.00 !

What gives?

Guest Squire Tom

i guess disposable income ( money that your wife doesn't know you have ) is in short supply . disposable autos are a lot tougher to hide from you wife.

Actually, I think that "woman" control panel was an early prototype for the 88/89 Reatta instrument panel. Then they came up with the touchscreen idea. Much nicer result IMO.

On a more serious note, it does seem like the values of both vehicles and parts (and the selection thereof) has decreased a noticeable amount just since I picked mine up in January of this year. Hopefully this is not a long term trend, but is just a result of the current economic conditions we are suffering through.

At the moment I am most concerned about parts, since I am trying to "stockpile" some unusual/hard to find items for future needs. I wish I had the funds and the parking space for another Reatta, as there are some nice ones for sale at reasonable cost right now including a couple on this forum. Under the circumstances, another car is not an option for me right now.

Unfortunately, I am also feeling the pinch (not getting 40hr weeks consistently) so while I am not in danger of starving, my play toy budget has been cut a fair amount; and I have no wife to argue with over expenses, just my own common sense. For now, I'm just hoping for things to smooth out soon.

KDirk

Off subject, but kind of interesting.

I had to book a flight for business for two, about a month ago from O'Hare to Kallispell MT. I called to catch an earlier flight to allow more time for a connection, and found that in that time the flight cost had DECREASED by $400.00 for two people. I was credited the money by Northwest, which was kind of a neat thing. I really didn't expect any airfare drops, just kind of shows how things in general are going.

TT