1915 1916 1917??? Franklin hood for sale

studeboy1930

Not sure exactly what year hood these are. They are both very nice. Could be NOS. It would be great to get them to someone who could use them, and someone who could pick one or both up near Cincinnati, Ohio. Difficult for me to judge the value of them, so please if interested, make an offer. They have been in storage for an incredibly long time. Have a good day!

post-35825-143137991448_thumb.jpg

post-35825-143137991453_thumb.jpg

post-35825-143137991458_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe the gentleman said he was accepting offers for them. If you want them so badly, Mike, why don't you simply make the man an offer?

I owned a 1914 Series 5 at one time and spent alot of time looking at that hood. I think the hoods in querstion are pre-Series 8. The Series 8 hood is a little higher and more rounded. So this would put them at around 1914. If the opening in front is a honeycomb mesh, they are Series 4 and 5. If it's a louvered opening like a heat register in a house, it's Series 6 and 7.

These hoods tend to crack near the front corners and can benefit from reinforcement. The value on something like this depends on whether someone needs the hood for their car. To fabricate something like this would cost upwards of $1000, it seems. And that's probably conservative.

These hoods seem to come up now and because they were pretty handy when an old Franklin was being scrapped. They made a good dog house !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scott12180</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These hoods seem to come up now and because they were pretty handy when an old Franklin was being scrapped. They made a good dog house ! </div></div>

I saw one once turned upside down and made into a wheelbarrow.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...