F/S 1927 Marmon E-75 5 Passenger Sedan

Guest Chris Marshall

Guest Chris Marshall

As often happens, circumstances have changed so I'm selling my 1927 Marmon E-75. It is the 5 Passenger, close coupled sedan, "Custom" series. This car has 4 suicide doors, as opposed to the Standard series cars. This car has the E series 136" wheelbase and dual ignition, overhead valve, 339 CI Marmon 6 cylinder engine. The body is aluminum with steel fenders. It is an unrestored California car that I purchased from the original family in 1998. It has 26,729 original miles and was driven until the beginning of WWII, then parked. The car is extremely solid and would be an easy restoration. This is one of only two 5 passenger Custom sedans known to the Marmon club as of the late 90's. Full CCCA Classic. Asking $12,000.00 The car is located in Eastern Kansas. Call me for pictures, details, and more history on this car. 785-640-6737. Thanks, Chris Marshall

post-41383-143137989269_thumb.jpg

post-41383-143137989272_thumb.jpg

Hi George- I have sent you an email regarding John "Buddy" Walton's Packard. I own it's long-time stable mate, a 1931 Pierce phaeton that was owned by Drew Nevarre of New Orleans. Buddy owned an automobile parts supply and repair business; the Pierce even has a tag on the generator that shows his name as a business. Buddy and Drew drove their cars everywhere to shows and tours during the 60's and 70's, and I am not even sure they ever owned a trailer. The Pierce was set up with an overdrive, as was the '29 Cadillac roadster that Buddy also owned. I don't know if they ever installed one in your Packard. best- David Coco Winchester Va.

• 3 years later...

I thought this car looked familiar. Thats because I bought it. I have rebuilt the engine and some of the front end. Most of the upholstery is going to stay original. I am going to keep some of it original and restore some . I haven't been able to work on it much lately because of space limitations but that will soon be rectified.