How to post pictures

Guest Scott Roberts

Guest Scott Roberts

I know this question has been asked before but could someone please explain in laymens terms the best way to reduce and post pictures ? Thankyou, Scott

Click File Manager at the bottom the new post, or click "Switch to Full Screen Reply" if replying to a post, and then click the File Manager. You can "Browse" your computer for the picture and then click "Add File". If your file is too big, you're on your own. There is software around that you can download to reduce the size of the pic. Best thing is to reduce the size on the camera before you take any pictures for posting.

Gary

Guest imported_MrEarl

Personally I like to use an image hosting website like photobucket.com It is fairly easy to use(believe me if I use it, it's got to be)and should be around for a long time. I have lost some links to some of the images I had on Photobucket but not as many as on the AACA Photo Gallery when the site was "upgraded" recently. If you store your picture files in PhotoBucket (PB)you have the ability to resize them as you store them and in what size you want to store them.I usually store my pictures in 640X480 or 800X600.

Plus you can always edit them later if you wish. When your pictures are stored there all you do is click on IMG and it copies the picture, then you switch back to this site and paste it directly into the post you are making.

The other way is to make sure your pictures aren't too big by using one of a number of free resizing websites (below), then use the <span style="color: #3333FF">FILE MANAGER</span> feature which is located just below the Text Box where you type in the text for your post. You can attach 5 picture files.Just click on File Manager, click BROWSE and when your files appear select the picture file you want then click ADD FILE. After selecting and adding files click DONE ADDING FILES and the files you have selected will appear in your post.

Here are a couple of the free picture resizing sites. The one I use to use most before I started using PB was

ResizeIt.com

another is

resize2mail.com

Hope this all makes sense and helps. If so then you have no excuse for not going to "ME AND MY BUICKS" and posting forty-leven pictures of that beautiful 58 of yours. smile.gif

Guest Scott Roberts

Thanks, Mr Earl earler today I tryed to post some pictures and one came out small and three came out huge. My 58 is not beauteful yet but dad and I are working on it. Once I get the hang of this picture thing I have a full set of dissasembled car photo's I can post. Thanks Scott

There must be software available that would allow us to post a picture of any size and it would be corrected to the proper size for posting within this site.If it wasnt so complicated I am sure there would be many more interesting pictures posted . I am sure the currant system is easy for some but for many , it is hard to understand. We should try and keep it Simple !