Master Cylinder Interchange

Curti

I have some 1934-1936 Auburns. They came with Wagner Lockheed master cylinders. I have found at least three different numbers on them 5450233, 1FD2105, FD4887. Does anyone have an interchange to tell me what other cars used these master cylinders?

Casting number FD4887 is Wanger number 1193 Stude car 1935-40, Stude truck 1938-41. Casting number 5450233 is Wanger number 4360 Caddy 1936-40, Lasalle 1935-38, Olds 1935-38. Casting number 2105 has three different Wanger numbers 1476 Nash 1935-36, number 1471 Hudson 1937-41 Terraplane 1936-38 and 4360 same as above. The one with the three number will depend on the master cylinder kit that was used in it. Hope this helps!!! If you want to sell them e-mail me with your price. mribbich@wi.rr.com

Marv.

Thanks Marv, that is excellent information. The 1FD2105 seems to be the most prevelent in 34-36 Auburns. The other master cylinders have a similar appearance and may well have been a replacement at some time. I take it the Wagner book dosent even list Auburn. I do have a couple of MC's for sale or trade, I'll email ya.

• 1 year later...
Guest NJ 03Mach1

Greetings, sorry to drag this topic out of the dust..

I recently purchased a home. Within the garage, on top of the wall I'm about to knock down, I found a part with the following engraving on the side.

"Wagner 1fd2105 Lockheed"

My google search led me to this topic.

This piece is in great shape, with surface rust.. I was wondering about it's value? Anyone here need one? Know where I can get some more info on it?

Guest NJ 03Mach1

Thanks for the reply. I'm "assuming" this is an original part, as the house is extremely old and before us, was one original* owner. I know he had some old cars from way back when so I would think this is something from way back when...

I'll get a pic of it as soon as I can. Camera is currently mounted in the car and I don't feel like unhooking it at the moment. I'll see what I can do when the wife gets home, I don't know where her Camera is..

• 3 weeks later...
I have some 1934-1936 Auburns. They came with Wagner Lockheed master cylinders. I have found at least three different numbers on them 5450233, 1FD2105, FD4887. Does anyone have an interchange to tell me what other cars used these master cylinders?

If the FD4887 is in good shape do you want to sell it?

alanj@mwt.net