Cost of shipping a hardtop

Guest David Simons

Guest David Simons

I finally got the fiasco of loosing my hardtop laid to rest. If anybody has ever wondered about the cost of shipping a hardtop here it is. Picked up crated and shipped from L.A. California to Richmond,Virginia . Final cost, $550.00. At this point I was more than glad to pay the price. At $4.80 / gallon for diesel, I could not complain.

I had an Allante hardtop shipped from Ohio to Mass for $375 by UPS-They picked it up, packed it and shipped it-if anyone wants a price from halfway across the country.

By the way, I also owned a Frank Sinatra Edition Imperial with leather and no sunroof. Still had the tapes, portfolio, umbrella, but not the key fob. I actually had a guy from the Imperial club call me the morning Sinatra died to see if it was for sale-it was not. The car had a pretty neat sales folder-shaped like a record album. The car also still had the EFI and ran great. What a grand car!

Guest mtworkshop

I have a Royal Cabernet hardtop for an early 89 TC with clear portholes available. Offers?

Mike

Guest REDMAN

all you guys with extra hardtops ,and i dont have one . i know all it takes is lots of money .. with all the cars being disassembled for parts has any one kept track of how many or what serial numbers are now gone from the original number built ???? seems like no one can even guess how many are left. perhaps how many are gone would help the count ,..