Frame/Chassis info D45 ,a little help Pls ?

Guest Roger_Roy

Guest Roger_Roy

Hi all,

Have been collecting DX45 bits for a while but information is a little thin on the ground here. What exactly are the differences on late '15 , early and late'16 D45 (and DX45) frames? As this is for a RHD export one all frames I have are right hand gear lever, 2 are gear lever inside handbrake outside of the chassis frame one is gear lever outside handbrake inside the frame section. I have rear frame horns that are part of the main rail and one that has the rear frame horn as a rivet on section ? I only have one frame number which is 166153, Im not worried about engine numbers just now but for info one chassis I have or (?) had was with engine DX6520, what I want to build is a early '16 DX45 , what should the frame look like?

Thanks Roger

Guest rlbleeker

Mine has the gear shift outside the frame and the brake inside. The frame rails are straight at the back, and the gas tank mounts are cast and riveted to the rails. Based on the engine # it's a mid '16 car (on the early side maybe?). I don't have a frame #, but Dave Corbin estimated it at 165480.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Roger:

The frame number of 166153 was issued to a 1916 DX45 per the Buick factory records. This would make it the 1258TH of 4741 DX45's built in 1916. The range of engine numbers that would be factory installed range from 164732 to 176731, so if one of your engines is within this range (or slightly outside of it),go for it.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest Roger_Roy

Mr Corbin,

Im sure I speak for all Buick nuts when I thank you for your tireless work with Buicks! thanks for the information its much appreciated.

Regards

Roger

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Roger:

I guess I should have been a Aussie. My dad was Mr. Corbin, I'm just "Dave" to everyone "down under" (your place) and "up top" (USA & Canadians).

Seriously, the working with the numbers is fun and my contribution to helping get the restorations right. I hate to see a guy or gal put in a ton of work and get it wrong, or spend good money on the wrong parts. I've done both and wasn't happy about it.

Regards, Dave Corbin