Another trans ID

Guest cadlights

Guest imported_cadlights

Just got this trans. It has square input and output shafts and the number 18801-1 stamped on the bottom. Does anybody recognize it? Thanks for any help. Keith.

0556.jpg

0557.jpg

Not a Warford and not a Muncie for Model T, Other cars also had square shafts into the teens era. I don't believe it is a T accessory at all. Measure the 4 bolt pattern on the end in lower picture, Model Ts measure 3 5/8" centers, Chevrolets are close but as I recall a bit smaller. Can you post a picture of the other end?

Guest imported_cadlights

The bolt pattern is 3 5/8" or 3 11/16" near as I can tell. Here is a shot of the other end.

0559.jpg

Subframe mounting ( the 4 arms sticking out from the case) rule out anything to do with T Fords. Looks a lot like a transmission I had for a 4 cylinder REO car/truck. The ujoint hanging on there does look T but then T parts show up mixed with lots of other stuff! This trans may have been the subject of a home grown adaptation at one time. If grafted into a Model T, the shifter would come up thru the seat!

Guest imported_cadlights

I got it with a model TT rear end and running boards, maybe it was grafted to that. Thanks. Keith.