54 Special Wiper Transmission Install

Jim Buick

Guest imported_MrEarl

Lets see how these scans turned out. If no good I can email them to you.

By the way, welcome aboard. You must be the Mr Buick that bought my friend Norms 54 he use to have. If so it's a sweety, congratulations.

post-32987-143137984025_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137984067_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137984104_thumb.jpg

Guest simplyconnected

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK the scans are a mess, too big etc...</div></div> Hey guys, does this help? I made these pictures 11" tall, so you can print them:

Pg.1 Dash Picture (24401.jpg)

Pg.2 Dash Picture (24402.jpg)

Pg.3 Dash Picture (24403.jpg)

Pg.4 Dash Picture (24402.jpg)

I'm amazed someone still has this info. I don't know how you work on this stuff without it. - Dave

I edited this post to show the correct 11" tall pictures. They may easily be printed by clicking on the name, and when it comes up, RIGHT-click, and choose "PRINT PICTURE..."

Thanks for the great info, MrEarl.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Wow Thanks Dave

the first of the four didn't work in the first reply so let me try it again and you can do your magic to it too.

edit) OK Still not workin mad.gif

edit 2) Just click RIGHT HERE

Guest simplyconnected

Just a note to say I put all four pictures on my previous post. They all work properly for printing.

Thank You, MrEarl. I hope this is what you're looking for. If you need further changes, please let me know. - Dave Dare

I purchased a wiper transmission for the 54 and installed it today. Unfortunately, The cables are about 3/8' too long. The tans out of the 54 has a screw in the end whioch can be loosened and this causes the ratchets to work.. The trans I acquired has staked ends and I do not know how to adjust it.

The supplier says all bodies from 54 to 56 are the same and this is what they sent me.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Jim Buick

Guest imported_MrEarl

Can't help with a remedy other than send you a set of used ones from a 54 Special if that will help.Hopefully someone will have a fix.